Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Present for mum!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Anyone got any ideas for a present I could get my mum? I was thinking one a of those slankets, but I don't know. It's her birthday on friday. :crazyeyes:

Comments

• Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    what's your budget? what sort of things does your mum like?

would she appreciate a slanket? i know mine would laugh but each person is different.

you need to give us more info. i could tell you what *my* mum would like but i couldn't tell you what yours would like :p
  • Options
    lol sorry

i'd say under £50

she's into running but dad got her a treadmil, reading but she can read a book in a day, she doesnt really have time to watch DvD's. She likes her gardening, she's amazing at drawing but she doesn't really draw or paint anymore.

She is so hard to buy for and it's her 40th so it has to be good.

I thought about fitness stuff for the wii but she has the wii fit and we have a gym so kinda pointless...

I got her perfume last year so thats out

haha, yeah i have no idea how she would react to a slanket.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    l She likes her gardening, she's amazing at drawing but she doesn't really draw or paint anymore.

Does she have any drawings that are hidden away in a cupboard/loft that you could dig out and get nicely mounted/framed for her?

If she likes gardening then how about some really nice plants?
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    **Helen** wrote: »
    Does she have any drawings that are hidden away in a cupboard/loft that you could dig out and get nicely mounted/framed for her?

If she likes gardening then how about some really nice plants?

Yeah, something like that.

Or, because it is a special birthday, what about a nice piece of jewellery? Or theatre tickets? Or taking her out for a nice meal?
  • Options
    i'll have a look and see what drawings i can find, cheers!

I was going to take her out, but we are going to York so i was like crap!
  • Options
    If you are going to do that, at least have the decency to get her the real thing, the snuggie :p

I really like the picture idea. I hope you can find one, I'm sure she would appreciate it so much!
  • Options
  • Options
    I love that site!

OK its half sorted, i got her a really nice handmade necklace from a little shop i found. And a book that will take her longer than a day to read!

Just need to find a picture now! :)
  • Options
    Aww that sounds like a great pressi for your Mum, I'm sure she will be made up with whatever you get her.
    I got my Mum a mp3 player with all her fav songs on and she loved it.
    Maybe suggest a nice girly day shopping with her?
    Does you Mum like baths? I tend to get bath bombs for my Mum which she really likes.
  • Options
    Still got an extra from your £50? :yeees: maybe you can buy her some cute mug she can use for coffee or something to sit by. I hope its a good start of her day seeing that. :hyper: