Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Yearly Interest

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi guys :wave:

I need to get last years overall interest on my bank account for the last financial year. I need this for tuition fees. I should have received one around April time at the end of the financial year. Just wondering if anyone else had received theirs from NatWest?!

I went into the bank on my day off and asked for this. They told me I could find it on my on-line banking statements. I asked for a new copy to be sent through the post as I needed it on headed paper. She said I may be charged and would post it however also said they had sent it in the post before?!

To cut a long story short all she sent me through the post was the usual monthly bank statement I had already received. And luckily did not charge me.

I do not work the hours to keep going into the bank and could not find an email address to contact them in anyway about this.

If anybody knows if there is anyway to obtain this information through on-line banking or who to contact for this information that would be great.:D

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Some banks send you an offical interest statement out, some dont. Natwest do with some accounts put the gross/net interest and tax deducted on the cover sheet/money in&out closing balance sheet to your bank account. Have a look on that.

Apart from that ask the bank for a yearly interest statement, just lie and say you need it for tax reasons. Us pesky accountant-types are always asking for them for the clients. ;)
    You could call through to Natwest's contact centre. They will be able to reorder you a tax certificate and I'd imagine they will be contactable into the evening if you're at work during the day.
    Hi Guys,

Just wanted to say a big thank you to the responses to my post :thumb:

I found the years interest in very small print on the front of my old bank statement, I would never have found it without your help so thank you xxx:D
    I know I didnt personally help, but thats what this place is for :)