Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

How/where to print a photo from mobile phone?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I got married in May and have some lovely photos, but there is one of me and my hubby which was taken on his mobile phone which I really like and would like to print it to go in one of many frames we received as gifts!

How do I do this? I am going to Tesco tomorrow to print some photos off which I have on a CD and others from a memory stick, will I also be able to somehow print the photo from the mobile phone? Or do Boots offer this service? Or is it not possible?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Fruit Loop wrote: »
    I got married in May and have some lovely photos, but there is one of me and my hubby which was taken on his mobile phone which I really like and would like to print it to go in one of many frames we received as gifts!

How do I do this? I am going to Tesco tomorrow to print some photos off which I have on a CD and others from a memory stick, will I also be able to somehow print the photo from the mobile phone? Or do Boots offer this service? Or is it not possible?

you don't say what sort of phone it is. It used to be a real pain in the arse to transfer stuff onto a computer, but most modern phone manufacturers have made it easier.
    Chances are the photo may be stored on a memory card in the phone. If not then you'll have to connect the phone to your PC somehow, either by a USB cable or a bluetooth dongle (if your phone has bluetooth.)
    not sure about tesco but in asda they have the photo printing machines and you can bluetooth pictures from your mobile phone and print them out on it. im sure tesco may have something similiar.
    With the Nokias, you certainly have the ability to send a photo to an email address which I have done on numerous occasions. It is usually under the MMS 'send' options. You can then transfer the photo to your SD card or whatever.
    Thanks for all of your replies :)

We took the Micro SD card out of the phone, and put it into an SD converter thing so it would read as an SD card. The photo printing machine at Tesco reads SD cards, so it was really easy to do.

I've got a really old nokia so would not have been able to do this as my phone doesn't take memory cards, I should get with the times!