Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Making each other jelous?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This is doing my head in now, basically my boyfriend try and make me jelous about something by saying 'this hot girl came into work today' or something like that and i don't really care as I know he's just trying to get attention, so i ignore it.. Then he'll try and make me feel bad for not caring or not being jelous?

Does anyone else have an irritating partner who does this, we havent been going out long maybe its a way of him getting me to say ooh I like you so much, I want you? Because I don't normal say things like that just because I don't....

Do I takl to him about it? Because at the mo, I'm starting to retaliate and try to annoy him and make him jelous and its annoying me that I'm lowering myself!

Sorry about the rant but yeh anyone else know of this behavior? :wave:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i used to be in a similar situation with a guy i liked a few years ago..it was really immature, and it didnt lead anywhere...it sounds like your boyfriend just needs to grow up a bit...i'd try to ignore it if i were you...dont let it get to you, and if it does, talk to him about it!
    Personally I'd avoid playing game if I could help it -I'd have to have words with him and just find another way of making it clear he's being a twat....

Maybe just say something direct and to the point like, "You know, there are healthier ways to get my attention" and give him a quick kiss or something.
    You wanna let him know that you know why he's saying these things to you.

I can't work out why any bloke would say something like that to he's gf. I mean there is being honest and then there being a dickhead. I hope you manage to find way of stopping he's attention seeking behavoir:)
    what a lovely chap !! ! good catch.