Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Helpp

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
im really starting to worry about myself i think i have an eating disorder and its really starting to affect my relationship :nervous:
Ive been like this for 2 years but never wanted to admit it ive been for so many councilling sessions but aways thought i was fine just a bit picky i wont eat food if its touched something else on my plate but now ive started to not eat over 300 calories and try and not to eat with other people as i feel like they are watching me and its affecting my relationship because my fiancee wants to take me out for meals
Can anyone offer any suggestions on how to change
Chloe
x

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well at least you've realised something isn't right, thats one good thing right?
    Hi Chloee :wave:

We can see you are fairly new to The Site - so we wish you a warm welcome. The Site is a safe and supportive environment and we hope that you get what you are looking for.

As BillieFREAK has said, being able to see that there is a problem is a massive step forward. You may want to check out our pages on eating disorders ,they may go some way to help explain what's happening for you and also the kind of help that is out there.

Sound's like you already have counselling support - how would it feel to talk about your worries in these sessions? You could also talk to your GP? When any problem that you have starts to affect your relationships and life, it's improtannt to seek support - which is what you have done, so well done.

Do let us know how you get on and keep posting. Take care - :)
    yeah i went for councilling but it was a waste of time she said the reason im like i am is the strain my fiancee is putting on me which is a lie as hes the one thing that makes me happy
    Ive tried so many things i just dont know how to sort it out
    :(
    Hi chloeee :wave:

Have you tryed changing your counsellor sometimes it can help to get another persons view point? and as there are many different types of counselling services you may need to try a couple before you meet one that you can build up a trust and rapour with.

Have you tryed speaking with your doctor, they often can refer you on?

Also as Harry23 susggested have you had chance to look at the web pages? There may be some advice, tips and support you can take away with you, we do feel you need to talk with someone,is there any one else you could do this with?

Take care keep us posted :)
    hi :wave:
    Thanks mini me but i have had 5 diffrent councillors and they all say its my fiancee's fault and maybe im like i am too loose weight for my wedding even though its booked for 2 years away so its pretty annoying for them all to say the same thing
    x
    Hello :wave:

Have you thought about speaking with your fella? he may be able to reasure you , but also the problem may be something different. You say you dont believe its your partner , have you looked at when you first felt this way and what may have trigered any thing?

Also if your getting married your partner has made a commitment to you, showing you that its you who he loves :) and not whats on the out side.

take care
    eating disorder that's a bad thing. Try to get a professional advise because if left untreated you may become obese then later become depressed. You can also join support groups!
    Hi :wave:
    Yeah we spoke last night and hes not really noticed about my weight which upset me as its not that hard to notice im down to 5 stone 9 but he thinks its my upbringing thahas made me be like this could that have triggered it ?
    Hi Chloeee :wave:

I'm not sure what the underlying issues might be to have caused your eating problems - I guess its different for everyone and can be quite difficult to work out, which sounds frustrating for you.

You say that your boyfriend didn't notice that you've lost weight and yet you only weigh 5 stone 9 - thats not very much at all.

I know you've tried lots of counsellors and don't feel they've worked for you but I'm really concerned about your weight and would encourage you to keep trying to get some support that does work for you. The charity
    B-EAT works with people with eating problems and may be able to help? They have lots of info and a helpline.

Whatever you decide to do, please keep posting to let us know how you get on.

Take care:)
    Hi cat_treats
    Thanks for telling me about b-eat ive looked on there and talked to a couple of people who are recovering from ana and its really helping just to be able to chat to who knows how i feel

x
    Great! Finding out that you're not on your own really helps with problems doesn't it!

So pleased you've got some support, keep at it and take care of yourself :thumb:
    Bearing in mind that a usual female requires 2,000 calories a day to function correctly, with no weight loss or gain (average), eating no more than 300 calories a day will kill you in the not too long run.