Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

XBox - Multiplayer

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, so I dont get disappointed again I thought I would ask for some suggestions!

I am looking for some Xbox games which I can play with my husband. We really like real-life shoot-em-ups, and got completely addicted to Tom Clancy's Las Vegas Rainbow 6.

The problem is I have now bought two games, COD4 and TC's End War but found that neither of them allow for co-op multiplayer except when used online. This is royally pissing me off as I want to play at the same time as him but can't and is meaning that I don't really get to use the Xbox (no time or inclination to play on my own).

Sooo... I need to find out what games do allow multiplayer co-op modes. I have been hunting around and although many of them mention multiplayer it doesn't say specifically whether it is Xbox Live only...

I think two options may be;

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell

Could any of you advise as to whether these games do allow for co-op multiplayer or have any other recommendations of good games?!

Gone is the age of sitting in your bedroom with your mates playing computer games... now everyone sits in their own bedrooms playing computer games with their mates... Good business for console sales I guess!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    GRAW = yes, co-op mode and even split screen online co-op mode,
    SC? which one, DA? I've got but not played,
    COD WAW has a good co-op offline mode (single xbox split screen)
    Halo 3 does (however not realistic)
    Xbox games that you can play co-operatively are few and far between. It's not a market that seems to have many games made for it.

Gear of War 1 & 2 have full co-op modes.
    Halo 3 does as well.
    Army of Two also.

Be careful when looking on the back of game boxes. There are a lot that claim to be co-op and are only co-op over the internet, or simply aren't co-op at all.
    Thanks for the suggestions!

That's the problem CptCoatHanger... have been duped already! Pretty annoying really :(
    I know, straight 'two player' games are hard to come by these days. I think it must be because their eeking the processor out and it's too intensive to have two players on the same console or something.
    I know, straight 'two player' games are hard to come by these days. I think it must be because their eeking the processor out and it's too intensive to have two players on the same console or something.

I wouldnt say so, I can name 100different games with TWO players, but two player CO-OP is hard to come by,