Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

wots going on????

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
this is probably gonna sound really difficult and confusing!

well, i have been going out with my bf for just under a yr, hes 26 im 21 i love him so much, we went out together around 4yrs ago, we were both in a bad place and he ended up dumping me, we lost contact, and met up again on a night out, he kept asking me to give us another go, it took me weeks to say yes, the first few months were bliss, we did everything together, he was unemployed so wasnt busy all the time.

At new year, we had a few too many and he proposed to me, i imidiately accepted, there was that worry that does he really mean it, why would he want to be with me? the usual insecurites!

but over the last few months, its gotten awful, we seem to be spending more and more time apart, i wouldnt even consider calling us engaged, it seems scary and final, and im worried about setting myself up for a massive fall, our work shifts conflict and he always seems to be tired, i hate my job which probably dosnt help, im lucky if i see him twice a week, we used to spend weekends together that was our time, but even that is wearing thin. (i work alot of weekends, and he works one in 6)

we spent last weekend together, there was alot of stress to get that weekend together, his mate who live 200 miles away was planning to come up, but the organisation was awful, we didnt know till about the friday that he wasnt coming up. Now this weekend his mate was also planning on coming up but he can't, so my bf is planning on going down there to see him all weekend, (its really difficult for me to get a weekend off but i got one) he is also going down to see him in 2 weeks for a gig, which i wasnt even invited to, im stressed out and worried constantly!

i don't know wots going on?
does he still love me??
is he being selfish???
am i being unreasonable????
are we good for each other???

please help, in need of some descent advice!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    please?

can someone please give me advice over this its driving me crazy! :banghead:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    To be fair you have posted the thread in the early hours of the morning, so Im unsure how you would expect there to be many people about to answer your questions.

In a nut shell, Im going to be quick as I need to get off to bed, Id say if you were this unsure about the relationship and feel the need to have the answers to all these questions, I really dont think you should be engaged. By all means have a normal relationship and try and build things back up if you can, whether you should or not is something you need to decide.

Though once again if you are this worried about things in a relationship, engaged or not, do you really see yourself in this relationship or would things be better of for yourself without all this stress?