Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Filter Lens

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well after making that thread about which camera to buy, my boyfriend actually got me the fujifilm finepix s1500 for my birthday! (My birthday isnt till tomorrow, but i wont see him tomorrow so he gave it me a tad early)

Anyway, i've bee looking at buying some filter lens with it, and because the lens size is a very werid 70.8mm do i have to buy a sort of "adaptor" so you can fit filter lenes such as 49, 52, 55, 58, ect....google hasnt been much help....

thanks for the help :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You'd probably find that you'd need special Fuji filters for that camera, or, as you say, an adapter.
    hmmm, its just hard to find one, this camera was new in feb but i cant seem to find any adaptors or special filters for it.....
    hmmm, its just hard to find one, this camera was new in feb but i cant seem to find any adaptors or special filters for it.....

You might find that they don't make filters in that size. Most filters come in a standard range of between 48 and 60, I've certainly never heard of a 70mm.
    Does your camera have a screw thread on the inside of the lens?

Also, what do you want the filter to do? The only one I've ever found any use for is a polariser.
    I havnt yet decided, im still really looking around. And yes it does, so there must be some lense that does fit onto it :/
    Whowhere wrote: »
    You might find that they don't make filters in that size. Most filters come in a standard range of between 48 and 60, I've certainly never heard of a 70mm.
    Does your camera have a screw thread on the inside of the lens?

Also, what do you want the filter to do? The only one I've ever found any use for is a polariser.

Filters = cheap scratch protectors!
    You possibly need one of these

http://www.ephotozine.com/article/Cokin-Filterfast-2-for-digital-cameras-released-908

Although from what I am seeing this camera has no filter thread at all. So not sure what's going on.
    As far as I am aware, this isn't a DSLR, it's just a digicam (albeit a pretty fancy one), so I doubt that filters would be readily available for it. If they are, they'll almost certainly be special Fuji ones, and not the sort you'd buy from anywhere for your SLR.

Try looking on ebay. Some of those foreign shops have all manner of cheap filters in odd sizes :)
    Ah it looks like it doesnt have a filter thread then :/ it does actually look like there is on though.....but im sorry for wasting people's time! :)