Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Sued for a Tweet

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2009/jul/29/horizon-group-management-twitter-lawsuit

Chicago Lettings Agency sues tennant over Tweeted comment about a 'Mouldy Apartment'.

:no:

Aparrantly they're a "sue first, ask questions later organisation" according to a spokesperson.

This was later 'clarified' to:

"I would first like to take this opportunity to apologise for tongue in cheek comments that were made previously regarding our approach to litigation. This statement is not in line with our philosophy towards property management and was taken out of context."

Comments

• Options
    That's America for you: one laywer to every 30 people means a lot of lawyers fighting to take spurious cases to court.
  • Options
    Everyone who uses that program should be sued. I'm sure we can find some pollution law to charge them with.
  • Options
    Everyone who uses that program should be sued. I'm sure we can find some pollution law to charge them with.

I'd never heard of the company before now, as I'm sure most people hadn't.

Now, they've got globally bad publicity. Well done lol.
  • Options
    Hardly anybody had even read the comment, she only had 30 followers or something. They shot themselves in the foot with this one.
  • Options
    This Jeff Michael is obviously a weapons-grade twat.

Perhaps he will now sue himself following all the damage he has done to his own company's reputation?
  • Options
    In a slightly related twitter incident, I laughed at David Camerons "Too many twits make a twat"
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »
    In a slightly related twitter incident, I laughed at David Camerons "Too many twits make a twat"
    If only he could now do a Clarkson and call Brown a "silly cunt" at PMQs whenever he starts wheeling out tractor statistics again, there might be hope yet for Call Me Dave.

Those sanctimonious ones who are demanding Dave apologises for swearing on radio should piss off.
  • Options
    Id expect him to apologise if he had actually said something that warranted apologising for. Since he hasnt, I dont care really!
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    Perhaps he will now sue himself following all the damage he has done to his own company's reputation?

LOL :D