Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

changing tracks

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i think we should do changing tracks just like it is on radio 1 on jo whiley show

if u havent heard of it before It's basically that one song that makes you say: "Without this, my life would be totally different."

So, it could be: "Without this song I would never have met my girlfriend/boyfriend..."

Or: "Without this song I wouldn't have broken my leg, as I tried to breakdance..."

Or: "Without this song I would never have got a job..."

basically a song that was playing on the radio when you there depressed it made you cheer up

if we are allowed post the youtube link so everyone can listen to the song

Comments

• Options
    I like that idea!

How about you start :thumb:
  • Options
    right if you have red or try 2 read my life story lol u kinda know the story about me and my exgirlfrend im not going to write it all out again took ages to wrte it

anyway when me and my exgirlfriend broke up i heard this song it was so ture to what i was feeling.

before i met my ex i had not had a girlfriend in about a year when i was alone by myself i got depressed i didnt tell anyone that i was depressed becuase i didnt have a girlfriend after a couple of months i met my ex she made me happy well for awhile anyway we broke up i went back to been depressed i was listening to this song i dont know how mary times ive listened to it but i has helped me geting over her the words in the song are just so ture im over her now but i still miss her

u need to read my story in relationships to really understand this story

the song is snow patrol - you could be happy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoAPw-eJuYo
  • Options
    The songs can also just remind you of good times.
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »
    The songs can also just remind you of good times.

yea sorry forgot to say that lol
  • Options
    This is a fab idea for a thread... I have always meant to submit a changing track but never got round to it, so instead I will put it here :)

For me, it isn't so much a track but an album and every song off it has the same impact but for the purpose of this post I will choose one song;

Song: If I Could
    Album: In Between Dreams (2005)
    Artist: Jack Johnson

In January 2006 my Dad found out he had lung cancer, he had been unwell for some months but for some reason wasn't diagnosed until things had got very bad. He was booked an appointment to discuss treatment plans 5 days after his diagnosis and he died the morning of the appointment. I got a phone call at about 2am to get to the hospital asap and he died 10 minutes before I arrived but my brother and Mum had been there. I spent the next few weeks picking up the pieces and trying to hold my Mum together whilst my husband (to be) helped hold me together. This album was in my car the whole time and as a result I couldn't then listen to it without thinking of the hardest and most challenging time of my life.

Later that year I was flattered to be asked to be present at the birth of my best-friends baby along with her fiance. Alongside my wedding, this was the best day of my life so far. To be present when Charlie was born was just breathtaking and as my friend had a few complications immediately after having him he was handed over to me whilst her fiance looked after her. I sat there for 30 minutes holding this tiny baby in my arms whilst the hustle and bustle of the doctors doing their work went on around me. A few hours later when everything had calmed down we were sitting in the hospital room with music playing from my friend's ipod. This album came on and I picked up Charlie and danced with him.

For those that don't know the particular song I have referred to I thought I would include the lyrics of one of the verses;

Down the middle drops one more
    grain of sand
    They say that
    new life makes losing life easier to understand
    Words are kind
    they helped ease the mind
    of this, my old friend
    And though you gotta go
    we'll keep a piece of your soul
    What goes out
    What goes in

Suddenly the meaning of the album changed for me, it wasn't just one that reminded of the bad times, but also the good... I can now listen to it and smile, albeit a tear in my eye, but never quite sure if it is a happy tear or a sad one!

:)
  • Options
    Splodgey wrote: »
    This is a fab idea for a thread... I have always meant to submit a changing track but never got round to it, so instead I will put it here :)

For me, it isn't so much a track but an album and every song off it has the same impact but for the purpose of this post I will choose one song;

Song: If I Could
    Album: In Between Dreams (2005)
    Artist: Jack Johnson

In January 2006 my Dad found out he had lung cancer, he had been unwell for some months but for some reason wasn't diagnosed until things had got very bad. He was booked an appointment to discuss treatment plans 5 days after his diagnosis and he died the morning of the appointment. I got a phone call at about 2am to get to the hospital asap and he died 10 minutes before I arrived but my brother and Mum had been there. I spent the next few weeks picking up the pieces and trying to hold my Mum together whilst my husband (to be) helped hold me together. This album was in my car the whole time and as a result I couldn't then listen to it without thinking of the hardest and most challenging time of my life.

Later that year I was flattered to be asked to be present at the birth of my best-friends baby along with her fiance. Alongside my wedding, this was the best day of my life so far. To be present when Charlie was born was just breathtaking and as my friend had a few complications immediately after having him he was handed over to me whilst her fiance looked after her. I sat there for 30 minutes holding this tiny baby in my arms whilst the hustle and bustle of the doctors doing their work went on around me. A few hours later when everything had calmed down we were sitting in the hospital room with music playing from my friend's ipod. This album came on and I picked up Charlie and danced with him.

For those that don't know the particular song I have referred to I thought I would include the lyrics of one of the verses;

Down the middle drops one more
    grain of sand
    They say that
    new life makes losing life easier to understand
    Words are kind
    they helped ease the mind
    of this, my old friend
    And though you gotta go
    we'll keep a piece of your soul
    What goes out
    What goes in

Suddenly the meaning of the album changed for me, it wasn't just one that reminded of the bad times, but also the good... I can now listen to it and smile, albeit a tear in my eye, but never quite sure if it is a happy tear or a sad one!

:)

im so sorry to hear about your dad that must have been really hard for you and your family and its a great song thanks how old is charlie now
  • Options
    Mines is a happy one and it is This

And i think its one of the reasons me and my boyfriend started going out, cause before we started going out we used to chat loads on msn and send each other songs and stuff we liked and cause both of us liked the Cure it sorta put things in motion i think
  • Options
    Coldplay - Fix you

After one of those massively in depth yet full of random bollocks conversations you have with someone at silly times in the early hours, when completely sober. When not so much pouring you heart out, but pouring out your soul. You discover that you and this other person have the same song playing, and your both listening to the lyrics, it becomes your favourite song for both of you, and whenever you hear it or have it stuck in your head it reminds you of the aforementioned person. This person being someone that could turn your head and give you butterflies even after not seeing or thinking about them for years, someone who just changed the way you looked at things in life, and made you more of a complete person over all.

Thats my changing song.
  • Options
    mclovin69 wrote: »
    im so sorry to hear about your dad that must have been really hard for you and your family and its a great song thanks how old is charlie now

It was very hard as I was only 23 at the time but you learn so much from these times in your life...

Charlie will be 3 in September and his baby sister is due at the beginning of August! :)
  • Options
    After some thought i think is going to have to be this one

The title (Von) translates as hope.

It never fails to bring a tear to my eye but it makes me feel good. :)
    It's a great song to listen to when everything else around me seems to be falling apart.

I can't really explain how it helps me, but it does.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    Was around 13 years old I think. And my mates older brother lent me a Dreamscape tape pack. I was hooked. One tune in particular got me interested.

The Fat Contoller - In Complete Darkness.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn_yw1jNy6g

From then on in I was a raver and my life took a different direction. ESP bomberjackets, record bags, forest parties and raves and drugs. Most of my close mates I met through the rave scene and from sharing such experiences.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Erm, I've never had one of these, but Sigur Ros have made me quite want to go to Iceland. That's about it. Currently listen to Takk again. I'm at the bit on Se Lest where the oopma music starts up. :D Is there any better feel-good album?

Also, I hate Jo Whiley. ;)
  • Options
    After some thought i think is going to have to be this one

The title (Von) translates as hope.

It never fails to bring a tear to my eye but it makes me feel good. :)
    It's a great song to listen to when everything else around me seems to be falling apart.

I can't really explain how it helps me, but it does.

I still haven't seen that film, but I'm gonna buy it now. I love all the videos on youtube of random, slightly bemused looking audiences.

Or maybe not, since it's apparently out of stock everywhere.
  • Options
    I still haven't seen that film, but I'm gonna buy it now. I love all the videos on youtube of random, slightly bemused looking audiences.

Or maybe not, since it's apparently out of stock everywhere.

i love their video's!

As in Sigur Ros: Heima film?
  • Options
    Portishead- Sour Times
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niIcxMuORco&feature=related

This just reminds me of the best times with my ex boyfriend, i would like to think we will get back together one day, he is the only person i've even been out with who 'gets' me ( and this was 3 years ago we split up) and more tellingly, he is the only person i feel comfortable being angry with (which is a huge problem for me)
  • Options
    special for me, it makes me think of loving boys who take too many drugs, or doing that myself whilst thinking of boys who seem unreachable
    it's comforting though this song
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwspZztW7_M

:blush:

conor oberst: milk thistle