Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Telling a long-distance love that you love them.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I met my bf at uni and ive been with him nearly four months but as he lives in the channel islands I havent seen him for two of them!

I know that I love him but I dont know how to go about telling him. Ideally Id love to tell him to his face but as I wont be seeing him until september this isnt really realistic! :(

I didnt know wether to do it over the phone or I have a parcel that he had to get delivered to my house that I need to post to him so I was thinking of slipping in a photo and writing on the back that I love him.

Also I could just leave it until September when I go to his to visit for a week before uni starts but I think our realtionship would benefit from saying it as were so far away from each at the moment.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I would do it over the phone, but if that isnt romantic enough, tell him in a letter, i think thats quite nice.
    Can you not pop over for a few days?
    It is incredibly important to tell him in person and let him know you are serious and that you do love him. Think about it carefully, make sure you do and then in september tell him face to face, it takes a heck of a lot of impact away if you tell him on msn or a letter or whatever.
    a carefully worded text message, letter, can be as dramatic as face to face.
    and it can be re-read etc. etc.
    You could tell him over the phone or text or a letter, but make sure you tell him when you see him face to face and let him know you mean it, as he may that you're not serious because youve not been together very long.

My ex used to text me all the time that he loved me and i sort of didnt believe it as i thought it was just infatuation during the early stages. He told me face to face later though and i knew then that he was serious.

Anyway... either way is good, what do you think he will appreciate more?
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    My ex used to text me all the time that he loved me and i sort of didnt believe it as i thought it was just infatuation during the early stages. He told me face to face later though and i knew then that he was serious.

My boyfriend first told me he loved me through a text message :yes: I just presumed he was drunk until the next time he said it over the phone.

I would personally go for face to face - even if that means waiting a bit, but up to you :) Or if you must do it written down, do it by letter rather than text. Text messages are too easy to lose.