Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Strange sleeping pattern ?

Okay so on holidays etc i usually stay up till about 1-4am and wake up at mid-day, the usual really..

But now im going to bed really tired like at around 12pm and waking up at 6am all aching and everything and unable to get back to sleep, its kinda worrying me.

any ideas what it might be? its a shot in the dark
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Err swine flu?

Do you have a temperature?
    squeal wrote: »
    Err swine flu?

Do you have a temperature?

nope :/
    Hey Grahaminneed,

Any worries you have are best passed by a Doctor or a health professional. You could call NHS Direct or visit your GP?

Changes in sleep can happen for all sorts of reasons, perhaps think of any changes in diet, routine, feelings etc that you have experienced recently. It may also just be your body adjusting to being on holiday?

Hope things get better for you, take care :)
    Change in weather often affects peoples sleep patterns.

If you're going to bed tired at midnight, that's not necessarily a bad thing, and waking up achey can be down to many things, including sleeping deeply. If you don't move around in your sleep you can wake up stiff and achey from lying in the same position too long.

Have you tried getting up and doing things when you wake up and can't get back to sleep? A gentle stroll may help kick off the achiness.

Teenage sleep 'patterns' are strange strange things, and patterns is a bit of a generous term for it, so as you mature your sleep pattern will change so this could simply be down to that.
    hmm, it is really weird though even in any weather i could last up to like 4 am doing whatever and get up at mid day, but now i get tired at around 9pm and im literally dozing off at around 11, and wake up at 8 its not normal for me at all

also when i wake up i get this sickly tingle in my throat, its not nice

any ideas? id rather not ring the docs too much hastle for something little like this but its still annoying
    Let me get this right.

You're going to sleep at about 11pm, waking up at 8am.

And you've reached the point where you can stay up all hours of the night every night.

Take a step back and look at what I've written there, and if I've got it right tell me what the problem is.

How long does the sicky tingle in your throat last? Does it come back in the day at all?

You're 16, you're quite probably growing or at least your body is maturing, and by the sounds of it you're starting to move from the hormones all over the place teenage patch where your body clock bears no relationship to normal hours of day and night, towards the adult sleep pattern where your body and mind want to be awake during the day and sleep during the night.
    maybe youre coming down with a cold, or maybe its a growth spurt
    wake up stiff

spurt

So he can't sleep because he's stiff and spurting ?
    Okay went to bed around 11 last night and got up at around 10am, so im sleeping a bit longer and today i didnt get that sickly tingle, could just be a phase im not too sure.

:) ty for replying people