Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Daily Mail Watch

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Some of you may already be familiar with this blog but I find it so amusing I thought I would share
http://www.mailwatch.co.uk/
Take a look if you fancy a good laugh!

Comments

• Options
    Reminds me of the Guardian's former annual "Littlejohn Audit".

These guys have continued a noble tradition http://www.angrymob.uponnothing.co.uk/richardlittlejohn/littlejohns-2008-audit
  • Options
    Thanks a lot Stu. I'm one who isn't swayed by the media either, so this is useful reading. * thumbs up *
  • Options
    Lol, reading their article about some idiot claiming that Antichrist should be banned. In an article entitled "What does it take to get a film banned these days?" this is a direct quote:
    I haven't seen it myself, nor shall I - and I speak as a broad-minded arts critic, strongly libertarian in tendency. But merely reading about Antichrist is stomach-turning, and enough to form a judgment.

:lol: But it gets better. If I didn't know better, I'd think it was an outright parody of a Mail article when he goes on to this:
    It doesn't surprise me that Antichrist was heavily subsidised by the Danish Film Institute to the tune of 1.5 million euros.

I tried to find out more from the Institute, but to my small surprise they disdained to reply. But you can be sure that they in turn are funded by the EU and so by my taxes - and yours.

So not only is the film worthy of a ban, but also a reason to leave the EU too. :lol:
  • Options
    I thought their "Bloody siege of Calais: The violent new breed of migrants who will let nothing stop them coming to Britain" headline yesterday was hilarious.
  • Options
    I really can't stand the Daily Mail. They're so pro-law and order but anti-police the hypocrisy sickens me.

Everything about the paper makes me want to scream. I read it online because I know it costs them money in bandwidth, and because I ike to leave sarcastic comments that won't get published because they disagree with the paper lol.