Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Webcam Software

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I just bought an Acer netbook which i love. It comes with a built in webcam but i can only seem to get the webcam to work during MSN conversations (as in, you send the webcam and the other person can see it). There doesnt seem to a be a programme on here to make it work on its own, ie to take pictures with or maybe make small videos. Does anybody know of anything good i can download to use it with? i tried searching Acers site to see if they had any software but i couldnt seem to find anything. Any help would be appreciated :]

Comments

• Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Google found this, why not give it a try? http://www.virtualdub.org/index.html

Though it's strange there wasn't any software on yours, I got an acer laptop (not netbook) last year and there was.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    As with Indrid - my company have been selling Acer machines for the best part of 10 years. Those with webcams have their own software, and in fact, even their default screensaver uses it. It's quite funky. On these machines, the webcam is called "Orbicam". Try looking for that in the start menu.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    thanks you two...theres nothing called orbicam on there. i've actually opened every single programme on the start menu and tried it haha. my boyfriend has a acer laptop and his does the screensaver webcam thing too, but mine just seem to have nothing :/

theres a programme called 'Acer VCM' and it has a little picture of a camera in the icon so i thought that would be it but when you open it up it does nothing...as in you double click and no programme opens. no matter how many times you click or how long you wait. hmmm.