Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I feel like a failure

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Unfortunately noone can just fix your life for you, so all you can do is suck it up and start making the steps to turn it around. If you're job is not good enough, start applying for better jobs. If you want to get a better qualification, check out what is available.

If you dwell on all the bad things you will just start to wallow in complacency. Keep looking forward instead.
    [
    welcome to life
    kangoo wrote: »
    welcome to life
    Thanks but I'm 25 years old and have lived independently for years.

I'm just really fed up right now.

It's a bummer that the not for profit market is so dependent on getting people who can work for free... It excludes most of us. It's so annoying.

But Mist is right, I just have to grin and bare it and make my own way. I guess it might take longer, but I have more chance of getting there if I try it than if I complain on forums and give up.
    (((hugs)))
    Namaste wrote: »
    Thanks but I'm 25 years old and have lived independently for years.

I'm just really fed up right now.

It's a bummer that the not for profit market is so dependent on getting people who can work for free... It excludes most of us. It's so annoying.

But Mist is right, I just have to grin and bare it and make my own way. I guess it might take longer, but I have more chance of getting there if I try it than if I complain on forums and give up.

I didn't mean anything to do with living independantly, just that it can be a long hard slog to get where you want to be, there's always going to be people who are more qualified or have more experience, there's always gonna be bills to pay that gets in the way of what you really want to do.

I guess if you just want to vent then that's cool, but in terms of advice there's no real solution, except just to get on with it. I think you'll find a lot of people in the same boat