Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Learning How to Drive My RSX with Techtronic Trans?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I bought an '06 RSX with a techtronic trans. I never learned how to drive stick, and I'd like to learn how to drive manual to conserve gas. What's the best way to learn on the car without causing any damage? I've read the manual and the suggested ranges for shifting, but how do I put it all into action? Are there any fuel economy tips/tricks when driving manual? Thanks!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    good to hear you have a RSX. Like everyone stated the type S is a blast I drive mine all day but I'm getting the vibe your a girl and don't care that much and that makes perfect sense. techtronic isn't a true manual it lets you choose a gear but only if the conditions are correct (ex. correct speed, RPM) which in turn still gives the car control of the trans. and not the user. Just get on youtube to learn how to drive but honestly the only way to drive a stick is to get behind and go!

Thank for this answer from other board.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    ?
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote: »
    ?

Agreed.
    Looks like he has posted this on a number of forums and is posting the answer in here for us too.
    We're British, we already know how to drive a manual car. But thanks for the insight.

It scares me that people in the States are allowed to drive manuals without having passed their test in a manual.
    Have you seen the state of some of the road legal cars on Pimp My Ride in America? How can you be allowed to drive a car without brakes?
    Kermit wrote: »
    We're British, we already know how to drive a manual car. But thanks for the insight.

It scares me that people in the States are allowed to drive manuals without having passed their test in a manual.

So very true. The tests here are nothing and learning manual is completely on the individual. Somehow that does not seem to be the cause of many accidents, but still. I practiced manual for weeks in my driveway, street before get my license and heading out on public roads.