Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Didn't even get caught.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey. I'm in desperate need of advice. I'm a very good student in school, honestly. I have straight Bs and two Cs, and a lot of the teachers know me as a really good person, and i am. But I do do drugs. Ive been into the raves. I mean, all i have been doing was pot, and i havent done x for awhile, like a year ago, but i did recently trip acid likee, three weeks ago. and shrooms plenty of times before that. bottom line, i've done a lot, but not TOO recent. and i havent done the harder drugs such as coke, meth, heroine etc. also, you know I am good because i've NEVER gotten caught with any law enforcements. and i STILL haven't. butt, i did get caught. caught by my dad who went through ALLL my texts. and i bet it says A LOT. they want to take me to court and my parents are divorced and i live with my mom. but my DAD found the text because he pays for the cell bills. but because my dad found those text, he wants to send me to rehab, if not juvie, and then hes going to want to take me away from my mom. I love where i live, and i love my family thats not with my dad, my mom is really amazing. she tries really hard to keep all of my brother and sisters with her. (I have 5 siblings in all). and my dad is also richer than my mom, and my mom has a lot of health problems and she cant work.. while my dad can... so my question is, does anyone have a guess to what i can get charged for for just text my dad found in my cell? Cause ive also been doing research and i dont think they can trace my x back to last summer, and lsd MIGHT show up, maybe, shrooms wont, pot will. but this is my first time being caught with ANYTHING. not even drinking, ive never gotten suspended in school, if you first met me, you wouldn't suspect a thing. but here i am, out of the blue getting this. so could i get taken away from my mom, and get charged with a lot for things they suspect and only able to prove only two? I can explain more if you'd like, but can someone give me advice? I'm so stressed. I love my family. I know how to keep my drugs under control, and it is, but my dad just found those text... and if we're taken to court, its going to open up a lot of dark family secrets that we'd just rather not mess with, and hes going to want me to live with him and my stepmom, but my dad is a regular drunk, and hes not a very nice person when hes drunk and a lot of stuff.. he has a background for domestic violence, and i really don't want to stay with him, but this might force me to... please, advice? thanks for taking your time to read this.

Comments

• Options
    ASAIK in the UK anyway you can't be charged with anything from a text message, sounds like he is bluffing and I do not think you could be charged.
  • Options
    Has your dad made it clear in the past he's wanted full parental responsibility of you?

Because to me it sounds like he's trying to put the shitters up you back to back using the situation as some serious ammunition to throw at your mum.

You fucked up and got caught, happens to the best of us. My mum threatened to throw me out on the street when I was 16 because she found a big bag of dried mushrooms in my room. It never happened but for about a week she had me believe that's what was happening and nothing I could do to stop it.

It works though, really panicked me and made me seriously reconsider things. Maybe in a way this is what your dad is doing here?

You've got to ask yourself what benefit would he get from taking you to court. None.

Just be on best behaviour, show your remorse and it'll blow over.
  • Options
    Well, my dads wanted me for a longg time. Him and my stepmom, and my dad is fucking rich. and my mom isn't. she cant even work, she has health, mental and financial problems that she just CAN'T do it by herself. My mom was stupid and depended on someone else to provide for her, and it fucked her over. I've learned from her mistakes, and honestly, she shows me everything what NOT to do. so she isn't even my role model, but i still love her for still caring for me, and i care for her, and kind of, trying to hold onto us. and my dad can use that info against my mom, and because they wanted me, (they've been trying to convince me to stay where my dad lives which is a COMPLETELY different state than my mom) for awhile, and now that they've gone through my text, that i've probably admitted to doing everything i've told you guys, and more (pills etc.) i think they can do a lot with that information. they also suspect i sell, which i KIND of had at one point, but it wasn't big. and i havent sold in like a LONNGGG time. and my dad and stepmom are high class people too, because they are just THAT fucking rich. so they have nothing better to do than to make sure im going their way. so they're GOING to want to send me to rehab for sure. and then there probably going to make me go live with my dad and i really don't want to. and police and lawyers are probably going to get into this. Do you think they will go into all my electronic devies? my CURRENT cell, so i bet they are looking at my texts right now, and my computer they're going to look at, and my myspace too. But i know this isn't going to blow over. Andd, my dad has a lot of drug history too, could i use this against him? advice please... I'm doing well in my school, and i honestly mean it when i say the teachers know me as being a good person. But if this really does get into court, my whole familys stashbox of secrets is going to get blown up, and its going to cause sooo much shit in ALL of our lives, all four of my siblings as well. i wish i could actually explain it to you guys, but this is just the draft. opinions?
  • Options
    also, my mom wants to give me a drug test, im not sure which one, but a test. just so she knows whats going on, but she is fine with pot, and i personally dont think pot should be any problem at ALL. compared to what i have done anyway. butt. i think i do need a test just so i can send the test that (hopefully) wont have too much on it..
  • Options
    Use paragraphs!!

Just because most people won't read that clump of text - you're likely to get more replies that way..!!
  • Options
    He can't get you done for a text. Even if it can be traced back to you. A text isn't proof of you having drugs, the cops would just ignore the claim. They can't search your home or anything based off that. It is only proof of you doing drugs, but you can't be arrested for taking drugs (Only if you are caught.)
  • Options
    Most drugs will be out of your system within a couple of weeks so won't show up on a test. And your parents can't take you to court, that's up to the police if they decide you've committed a crime.
  • Options
    Most drugs will be out of your system within a couple of weeks so won't show up on a test. And your parents can't take you to court, that's up to the police if they decide you've committed a crime.

You could argue that, while stupidly unlikely, parents could take a child to a small claims court. Deep dark business but it does happen, especially amongst small town Christians with minor financial worries to settle

Have you never watched Judge Judy? :p
  • Options
    z0ma wrote: »
    You could argue that, while stupidly unlikely, parents could take a child to a small claims court. Deep dark business but it does happen, especially amongst small town Christians with minor financial worries to settle

Have you never watched Judge Judy? :p
    Haha no I haven't. Can't they also charge Americans for possession if they test positive for having something in their system?
  • Options
    I don't think you have a huge amount to worry about drugs-wise. You can only get done by the cops if you are in possession of the drug/if it's in your system. They can't base it on a text or two that you have sent.

It does sound like you need to sort stuff out with your parents though, it doesn't sound like its very easy for you. Who do you want to live with? They can't both fight over you. Sounds to me like your dad wants you to live with him and that this drugs thing is just adding to his argument to take responsibility.

I don't know, I may have got stuff wrong- I think paragraphs are the way forwwards too. One huge block of text is mighty hard to read!
  • Options
    Just goes to show that you should never put anything in an email or a text that you wouldnt want read out in court.
  • Options
    Maybe you should explain to your dad that the drugs you were using aren't really addictive and you don't need to goto rehab. lsd, shroom, mdma aren't addictive. Marijuana is under debate.

I would consider buying your own PAYG mobile for the future.

I don't think he can do much, I don't even think general drug tests check for lsd, shrooms, mdma.

Usually it's just the common ones marijuana, cocaine, opaite (heroin, methadone), ketamine + pcp (I know pcp aint big but I think it's tested with K), amphetamines, methamphetamines.
  • Options
    I don't think he can do much, I don't even think general drug tests check for lsd, shrooms, mdma.

They dont test for LSD or mushies because the tests dont work, half way through the LSD trip you wont piss possitive, which is one of the mysteries about LSD, why it works for 8 hours when it really only should work for 4.

They do however routinely test for MDMA and its relatives.
  • Options
    I work in a crown court in England so I'm not sure if the laws are the same where you are but you can't actually get charged with anything like that unless you are actually caught doing it. Plus you could just use the 'I was bluffing to make myself sound good to my mates' trick. They can't prove a thing unless you still have drugs in your system, but you wont.