Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

how long before sex....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey
im just wondering how long should people be together before they start having sex..
cuz i dont want to rush into anything but then again it feels right even if it has only been a month...
x

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    it feels right even if it has only been a month...
    x

that's your answer.
    There is no set time limit, or any set of guidelines for a relationship. Just do whatever you feel is right, but also take into account your partners feelings as well.
    I agree with the sentiments already expressed, but would add this:

From your user name I take it you're only 16, or possibly 15, and I'm guessing this would be your first time? If it feels right, then go for it (safely of course - no love without a glove remember). But if you have to ask if you're ready, it's possible you're not. Take your time, there's no hurry. And then when you no longer have to wonder whether you should or not, go for it!
    I agree with everyone. There is no set time limit because everyone is different. I think the mos important thing is that u both feel u are in a stable enough relationship to have sex and that u trust each other. And use protection!! :)
    Wait?

If you both feel the same way then you can go for it. But do it out of love and make sure you are both ready for it and that you both agree to have sex coz it would be selfishness if one is not ready yet.
    When the time is right you won't have to ask, you'll know because of a gut feeling. Make sure to protect yourself.....
    Well, when I was with my ex I wasn't ready until four months into our relationship. I still am a virgin as he just, 'wasn't as into me' as he was at the beginning. I want to wait for someone who acctually loves me and wants to stay together. I'm nearly 17.
    I'm now 3 and a half months into my very first relationship, which started a month after my 17th birthday, I was well behind my mates in terms of experience, girlfriends etc.. She was only the third different girl ive kissed, and the first girl ive fingered and twice gone down on, shes also the first girl thats sexually pleasured me by handjob and blow job.. But the thing is when we get into it she always tells me to put it in her, to shag her.. But I don't feel ready and as soon as my dick comes within an inch of her fanny I lose my erection due to panic (Still a virgin obvs)... So I don't feel ready and ive been with her nearly a third of a year and im not worried about it because im gradually doing more things with her and becoming more compatible, so any time is right.

Only problem with me is she doesnt know im a virgin, and doesnt know why im not ready etc =/
    You say "behind in terms of girlfriends" as if its almost a competition to collect and get rid of them or something.
    Well if your ready, then go for it. But i would want to wait abit longer personally, so i can be sure they love me.