Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Washing Machine / Dishwasher

Hello there,

I'm looking to get a nice little slim line diswasher (the boy-o's not so good with the sponge and i'm fed up of re-doing all the washing up in secret so i dont offend him lol)

anyhoo...in order for the dishwasher to fit I will need move the washing machine....my question is how much is it likely to cost me to hire a plumer to move my washing machine, re-plum it and also plum in the diswasher?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I am not sure but most plumbers give free quotes dont they? So if you're worried about getting ripped off maybe phone a couple and take the best price?

I wouldn't have thought it would have cost all that much though.
  • Options
    I kinda want to know what sort of money i need to save on top of the price of the dishwasher. I dont really want to call a real plumer yet, I end up feeling pressured to hire and guilty about wasting their time as if i dont have the money right now. Hence asking here :)
  • Options
    I'm no help there I'm afraid :(
  • Options
    Not much, £20, it's usually a fairly easy job.

As for installing the dishwasher, most of the big shops like Currys will include that as part of the delivery package.
  • Options
    When I bought a new cooker from Currys, I paid £20 for delivery but it included uninstallation of the old cooker, scrapping of the old cooker and installation of the new cooker. You can also book it in a half-day slot, so you only have to be in for the morning or the afternoon. It's worth a thought when going for the dishwasher.
  • Options
    Zella wrote: »
    Hello there,

I'm looking to get a nice little slim line diswasher (the boy-o's not so good with the sponge and i'm fed up of re-doing all the washing up in secret so i dont offend him lol)

anyhoo...in order for the dishwasher to fit I will need move the washing machine....my question is how much is it likely to cost me to hire a plumer to move my washing machine, re-plum it and also plum in the diswasher?

Really it depends on what needs doing. If you already have available waste pipe and water supply you could even do it yourself, 'cos all you'd be doing is screwing the pipes on.

If you need to split off the water you can buy a Y adapter for about 2 quid from a DIY shop, to plug the dishwasher into the cold water.

If you need to split off your waste pipe, I'd probably be tempted to get a plumber in, though again it'd depend on the design.
  • Options
    You might wanna check on Whirlpool parts, they have few interesting offers and you might find a solution without having to move the washing machine. I hope I could help.