Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

erotic photography

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
iya my parents are gonna be giving me a new camera soon fairly cheap but for the money its fantastic quality pictures and the job lot:thumb:

ive been interested in erotic photography as i think ill be able to produce some weird and wonderful photos with my over actice imagination but im new to photography all together and was wondering if any one could give me some tips? would be well appreciated:D

thanx

Comments

• Options
    I wouldn't be so specific about the types of photos you want to take to begin with. Best to learn what type of pictures you most enjoy taking. But you can obviously learn portraits and model photography, which have a very specific set of skills, such as lighting a scene and learning how to get the pose you want from the model. But I wouldn't hold your breath about anyone being willing to pose for a complete novice for erotic photos (unless it's your gf/bf then you might just be able to convince them). And model photography relies on other people or expensive courses to teach you how to use lights (or more accurately, a glorified health and safety lecture about using lights), whereas you can just go out with your camera and learn how to shoot scenes yourself to start with.

But like I said, you might find out that you much prefer landscapes, wildlife photography, still life or something else, so I would try them all. And it's always an advantage creatively to know how to shoot as many things as possible.
  • Options
    I agree with /\

If your new to photography, I would start with something else until you gain experience first!!!
  • Options
    Also, unless you've got a gorgeous girlfriend who doesn't mind posing for you, you aint gonna get yourself a model unless you've got experience and money.