Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Blair for EU Presidency

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2009/jul/15/tony-blair-eu-presidency

...which according to the article, the UK government would be supportive of (aw bless, of course they would...)...

Truly not a nice prospect, but personally I can't see it happening - thankfully, I think he has too many enemies and critics in Europe.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Truly not a nice prospect, but personally I can't see it happening - thankfully, I think he has too many enemies and critics in Europe.

Let's hope you're right. Blair is nothing but a liar, a warmonger and has done his fair share of ruining the country. He in no way deserves any accolade like this. The sooner he disappears off the political map, the better.
    Whilst scouring Pravda's website recently, I came across a delightful little story. It appears that "uttering expletives when you hurt yourself is a sensible policy, according to scientists who have shown swearing can help reduce pain." With that in mind, I shall provide my opinion on the prospect of a Tony Blair EU presidency.

What the fuck is it with these fucking cocktrumpets? Who the fuck do they think they fucking are? This EU fucking presidency bollocks all depends on whether people are gonna vote through the fucking bag of shit that is the Lisbon Treaty - it's not been elected into law yet, you wankstains. And now we've got Lady Kinnock of Windbag - who is one half of the most overpaid couple of cunts ever to exist, surely - telling us that the UK government wants that lying, warmongering cunt Blair in charge of the EUSSR?

I wonder what the one-eyed cunt - he who is tormented by Tony Blair, according to that jug-eared twat Charles Clarke - thinks of all this? Bang against the wall go another few mobile phones, smash against the floor goes another laser printer.
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    What the fuck is it with these fucking cocktrumpets? Who the fuck do they think they fucking are? This EU fucking presidency bollocks all depends on whether people are gonna vote through the fucking bag of shit that is the Lisbon Treaty - it's not been elected into law yet, you wankstains. And now we've got Lady Kinnock of Windbag - who is one half of the most overpaid couple of cunts ever to exist, surely - telling us that the UK government wants that lying, warmongering cunt Blair in charge of the EUSSR?

I wonder what the one-eyed cunt - he who is tormented by Tony Blair, according to that jug-eared twat Charles Clarke - thinks of all this? Bang against the wall go another few mobile phones, smash against the floor goes another laser printer.

:yes: :D :thumb:
    Id vote for him ( if it meant banning the bnp )
    I would quite like if there was a president of the EU, for that president to be British. However, I would like them to have a social agenda, much like that of the UK and France. It's not about more intevention or more CAP or any such nonsense like that, but ensuring that the benefits of the EU are felt by all and not just a few.

As for Blair, I think he's a competent politician and well experienced in international relations so coul fit the bill well. I know he's not popular and so it's probably not popularr to think that of him. But then I've never met a universally popular politician, either, so popularity doesn't seem to count for much.

I don't think the system particularly needs changing from the current system though, whats wrong with a rotating presidency?
    Blair's not British, he's Scottish. Just like all the worst politicians this country's seen.
    Kermit wrote: »
    Blair's not British, he's Scottish. Just like all the worst politicians this country's seen.

I thought Scottish people were British too. :/

I think its fair to attack Brown on his policies etc but is it fair to attack him 'cos he has one eye? His disability is immaterial ... like his skin colour or sexuality would be.
    Teagan wrote: »
    I think its fair to attack Brown on his policies etc but is it fair to attack him 'cos he has one eye? His disability is immaterial ... like his skin colour or sexuality would be.

don't say that, you'll ruin the rhetoric
    Oops!

ZipperMouth.gif

After what Brown's policies have done to my life I'll attack him any way I want. Nothing's off-limits for the man who played a huge part in ruining this country. I wouldn't swing for him but with Brown, political correctness goes out the window - I'd treat him with the same contempt he's treated our economy.

Anyway back to the topic, apparently a lot of Europe still sees him as Bush's apdog and the man who help start an illegal war. That alone should be enough to stop him becoming president.
    After what Brown's policies have done to my life I'll attack him any way I want.

Erm .. I wasn't telling you not to. But his blindness has nothing to do with the way he has run the country. Or should we be generally wary of anyone who is partially blind?
    Sorry, I get wound up with it comes to Brown. I'm not saying his having only one eye has contributed to the economy, that would be stupid to suggest. But after how he helped ruin the country, I'm not going to get all politically correct when it comes to attacking him. I'll get as nasty and personal as I feel I need to for someone who has caused such damage.
    I hope you reserve at least an equal amount of hatred for the banking industry that has contributed more than their fair share to our current woes.
    Yes I do but they're by and large 'faceless'.
    Aladdin wrote: »
    I hope you reserve at least an equal amount of hatred for the banking industry that has contributed more than their fair share to our current woes.

dont forgot the fuckign returds that borrowed more money then they could aford and then left everyone else paying for there fuckups
    If it wasn't offered to them they wouldn't have been able to borrow it.
    If it wasn't offered to them they wouldn't have been able to borrow it.

for fuck sake, they are adults, they have to be responsiblefor there own actions, :banghead:
    On reflection, fair point. Although I stand by my view that Brown is a grade A prick.
    Me? I have no love for the banking industry, that's for sure. But it wasn't entirely the fault of the banks. What about individuals who knew full well they were borrowing beyond their limits, but took the money anyway? Just because you're offered a loan by the bank doesn't mean you have to take it. What about all those daft muppets who used to watch Kirsty Allsopp and that bald twat droning on about how you were a nobody if you didn't own about six "properties", as they called them, and honestly believed they had to keep up with the Joneses?

Or does personal responsibility not count?
    A lot of people don't know that they are borrowing beyond their limits. You can call them idiots if you like, but the fact is there is no substantial education in the 10 or so years of compulsory education in matters of managing money and 'common sense' things like that.
    Although I stand by my view that Brown is a grade A prick.

:yes:
    Territt wrote: »
    for fuck sake, they are adults, they have to be responsiblefor there own actions, :banghead:

To a point yes but if the rules weren't bent, thus enabling them to apply, they wouldn't have ended up in that situation.
    Territt wrote: »
    dont forgot the fuckign returds that borrowed more money then they could aford and then left everyone else paying for there fuckups

That's called The Government, territt.

PPI wasn't any ideological thing, it was a way of keeping expenditure off the balance sheet by paying for it later. Pretty much exactly how a Mastercard works, in fact. And when it all goes wrong, like it did with Metronet, it's the taxpayer who gets to foot the bill.

But in terms of pesonal responsibility in the private banking sector, responsibility doesn't just lie with the borrower.

As you all know, I'm a debt and benefits adviser. One of my clients was on income support due to disability and was never going to work again. A nameless bank- who have since been bailed out by the Government- bullied him into borrowing nearly £20,000. The staff gave the loan because they were on commission. Sales paid the bills, so they sold to whoever they could. That's irresponsible lending of the highest magnitude. Yes, he shouldn't have borrowed it, but he wasn't in a position to understand that the bank were loaning for commission- he though, like many do, that a bank wouldn't be stupid enough to loan the money if he couldn't afford it. At the end of the day, the bank should be more careful with their savers' and investors' money.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2009/jul/15/tony-blair-eu-presidency

...which according to the article, the UK government would be supportive of (aw bless, of course they would...)...

Blair is living proof that 'The Omen' might not be a work of fiction. A prospect that occurred to me almost as soon as he became Prime Minister. Tough times to be an atheist.

(and it wasn't the 'devil eyes' ad, really)
    Don't worry, Blair falls at numerous hurdles when it comes to following criteria of the anti-christ.
    Uncle Joe wrote: »
    Blair is living proof that 'The Omen' might not be a work of fiction. A prospect that occurred to me almost as soon as he became Prime Minister. Tough times to be an atheist.

(and it wasn't the 'devil eyes' ad, really)

You sound like Ian Paisley...
    You sound like Ian Paisley...
    Even more remarkable, Ian Paisley sounds like a moderate, agreeable man next to that Blair cunt.
    Even more remarkable, Ian Paisley sounds like a moderate, agreeable man next to that Blair cunt.
    Blair may well be a prize cunt, but he's also a prize cunt who's going to be President of Europe if the rumours are true. My original comments from 2008 on this issue still stand.

It makes the blood run cold, although the thought of Brown being forced to meet him in Downing Street and call him "President Blair" through gritted teeth is truly hilarious. A brilliant dissection of this from William Hague is located here.