Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

so i landed myself an interview..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
for a part time marketing assistant! the thing is I looked back at the advertisement and it states that you need to have 'good skills' with Microsoft Access. Argh. I dont even have Access on my computer. I remember it vaguely from I.T and think I was okay. My interview isn't till the 22nd. Is there a way for me to brush up on it online?

Realisitically I know I always fail at interviews so am bricking it but am just trying to see it as a Learning Curve thing. thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Options
    Have you not got any friends that could give you a quick tutorial on it?

If your interview goes well and the others aren't suitable they may overlook the fact that you don't know how to use it.
  • Options
    I hope so. I found a tutorial on the microsoft office online thing so will have a look at it and ask around to see if any friends have it installed. i dont think there is much else i can do. i hope they just dont rip me apart :blush:
  • Options
    "Access for dummies"

I can't see them asking a load of questions about Access though, really.
  • Options
    Yeh, i had this exact same thing for an interview, and i got access for dummies, it was pretty good. What i find is usually..you get to the job, and there are people there who can barely type, nevermind create a database! ... also i'm sure they will give you some form of training, which will probs involve step by step of what you actually need to use access for.... they probs just have info on there you will need to learn how to bring up, which is rly easy :)
  • Options
    skakitty wrote: »
    Yeh, i had this exact same thing for an interview, and i got access for dummies, it was pretty good. What i find is usually..you get to the job, and there are people there who can barely type, nevermind create a database! ... also i'm sure they will give you some form of training, which will probs involve step by step of what you actually need to use access for.... they probs just have info on there you will need to learn how to bring up, which is rly easy :)

thanks :) i didn't do so bad with databases at gcse level but that's because i played around with it till i eventually got it.. so hopefully i can say that im a quick learner or something.

turns out my friend has it on her laptop so is gonna show me how to use it. phew!