Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Season/Series Finale! (Shield, Prison Break, Lost) ***SPOILERS***

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Okay, so... he Shield finale was a great episode but a piss poor finale to the awesome series! What the hell... spoilers time, Vic avoids jail, sells everyone out and lives the life of a desk jockey, his own personal hell? Well, That sucks, he should have taken a bullit or gone to jail. Ronnie goes to jail? Are you kidding me? Until this last season he was practicallly the brains who never made any mistakes and then he screws up by trusting Vic so much.
The last episode in my opinion, should have been a mirror of the pilot where after Vic's fate is revealed it skips 6 months to show Ronnie leading the team made up of Julian and his lady partner and some friend of Ronnies, where Ronnie kills a 5th undercover cop member, thus being a cycle!

Prison Break.... WHAT? Thats the ending? Kellerman? Seriously? I knew he wasnt dead but that sucked... and C-Note returns when he does? Finds Sucre, and the General ends up being arrested... then that bullshit 4 years later reunion to visit Michael's Grave because he is dead?
How bad was this ending? I know viewers were switching off off and it had lost a LOT of viewers but that was a poor ending!

LOST! Awesome ending! We meet Jacob and some other guy who hates him, Locke is alive but also Dead... The bomb goes off thatnks to Juliette, but what does that mean for our heroes? Such a good cliff hanger! Not a series ending but still a good finale!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Bullseye wrote: »
    Okay, so... he Shield finale was a great episode but a piss poor finale to the awesome series! What the hell... spoilers time, Vic avoids jail, sells everyone out and lives the life of a desk jockey, his own personal hell? Well, That sucks, he should have taken a bullit or gone to jail. Ronnie goes to jail? Are you kidding me? Until this last season he was practicallly the brains who never made any mistakes and then he screws up by trusting Vic so much.
    The last episode in my opinion, should have been a mirror of the pilot where after Vic's fate is revealed it skips 6 months to show Ronnie leading the team made up of Julian and his lady partner and some friend of Ronnies, where Ronnie kills a 5th undercover cop member, thus being a cycle!

You are kidding - one of the best finale's ever. Vic who's so strong for his team ends up betraying its last remaining member. Vic who's such a family man is deserted by his family who go into hiding. Vic who such an action man gets himself stuck in a desk bound office job amongst people who despise him. It;s his own personal hell and much better than the cop-out of him being arrested or shot.

Add to this a marvellous scene between the two good cops of Dutch and Claudette where Claudette says how much she relies on him, Dutch getting the number of the lawyer (his real life wife). And add Shanes suicide when you go into the room and his wife and son are laid out dead on the bed - if that doesn't give you the shivers you need to check your pulse to make sure you're not dead. And finally Ronnie, who's always trusted Vic with his life, finds out he's been betrayed and that Vic always looks after number one, goes beserk (understandably).

You'll have trouble finding another episode on TV this good.
  • Options
    Re: The Prison Break finale....

I just found out there were two other episodes that showed in a few places overseas...I guess they fill in the blanks between the "end" of season 4 and the four years later coda.....so in the U.S. they're being released on DVD as a movie called "The Final Break."

Even though the show got pretty crazy there at the end, I'm looking forward to this final movie; hopefully it'll answer all the questions the end of season 4 left hanging....