Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Please help!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey, was wandering if someone could give me some advice, im reallllly really worried. Im 21, im in uni and i think i mite be pregnant. The last time i had sex with my boyfriend was the 13th of april. Then, i got my period on the the 20th of april and it lasted a week. I was taking the pill, but there were a few days when i wasnt really taking it properly around the time we had sex. Since then, me and my boyfriend had been having masssive arguments and i ended thing with him, so i cant talk to him about this. Its now the 21st of may and i havnt had my period.
I cant talk to anyone in my family about it either bcoz they didnt know we were sleeping together and if my mum or dad found out they would literally disown me...because sex b4 marriage is frowned upon in our religion. For the last few weeks i have been feeling quite sick and i have been really really bloated. Thtas the only changes ive noticed.
I dont know know why, but i just keep worrying that im pregnant. If i was the only option would be to have an abortion. I feel terrible saying that but i could never EVER tell anyone. I just feel so alone. I dont know wot to do. I mean could i be pregnant if i had my period a week after sex?
Help!:(

Comments

• Options
    I think the answer to that is almost certainly no. I've never heard of anyone getting a period after conception.
  • Options
    what do you mean taking your pill not properly?
    And its common to miss a period while on the pill...if you miss it twice in a row, get your self checked out.
  • Options
    i missed a few days out, then took it for a few days. I stopped taking the pill properly just before i got my last period tho, so im not on it anymore. Thats why im worried that i havnt still got my period coz if i stopped the pill a while ago it shudnt really be affecting my periods now.
  • Options
    and you say it was around the time you had sex? you can take your pill late up to 24 hours and you are still protected, but if you miss a pill your not protected for 7 days....if you think you had sex within these 7 days then i would take a pregnancy test.

And its not normal for you to not get a period for a while after stopping taking the pill.
  • Options
    yea im pretty sure i had sex within 7 days of missing the pill.i think a pregnancy test is my only option, im so scared. i just kept thinking i wont be pregnant coz i had my period a week after sex...but guess thats not the case
  • Options
    just think that the period is not actually a period....its more of a withdrawal bleed. I've atually read up on how people can end up pregnant on the pill, but still get their bleed....dont worry :) preganancy test is your best option, the sooner you find out, the much better you can sort it out :)
  • Options
    thanks, ure rite i need to do a pregnancy test. its best to find out. and if i am :crying: then i guess il have to make an appointment with my doctor. i just feel so stupid and angry at myself...how could i do this?!
  • Options
    look, this might not be something to be happy about. But Sarah Palin condemed sex before marriage too and wanted to stop sexual education on schools, because teenagers shouldn't have sex in the first place.

But she has a underage daughter who has a kid now herself and she still accepts that.

Make a pregnancy test and if you are pregnant talk to your parents about you. If they are so uber-religious that they are going to stone your for it, then it's time to cut the umbilical cord, because they are stupid. But nobody is a saint, and there is still confession, so god will turn a blind eye. They will most probably support you in that matter.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Hey Sazz,

Your best option here is to do a test and put your mind at rest.

If you are pregnant, then deal with it at the time. If you are not, you will have learnt from this.

I understand it is easy for me to sit here and say this, but going ahead with a test is the best thing.

If you cant do it at home, you could do it at a friends, or at a push in a public toilet, but you need to do it. If you dont the feeling inside wont go away, and you will convince yourself everything you feel is due to being 'pregnant'.

If you choose to have an abortion that is your decision, but it is not one to be made easily. There is a lot of help and advice available (a lot of help is available here) but ultimately it is your decision, not that of your parents.

I do not know what religion you are, nor does it matter. However, I am sure your parents want what is best for you, and your happiness will be paramount.

Hope all goes ok.
  • Options
    thanks for the help and advice i really appreciate it :)
    ok...so il update u...i got my period and it lasted about 5 days so that really started to put my mind at rest. My tummy pains and sick feeling was still there so after my period ended, i did a home pregnancy test and it told me it was negative. My tummy pains and sick feeling is still here though. im going to make an appointment with the doctor coz i dont know wot it is. I know i sound like some weird paranoid worrier, but is it possible that im pregnant even after the test was negative? or am i just being reallllly paranoid?
  • Options
    It's about 2% possible you're pregnant after a negative test, but it's unlikely you will be given that you've now had two periods or withdrawal bleeds.

As for the severe pain and heavy flow, I'd say it sounds like stress from the exams and all the other worry. Worst case scenario would be miscarriage, but that's really not likely. But I'm not a doctor so go see your GP.
  • Options
    If you havent been taking your pills correctly this could well be the problem alot ofmy friends are on the pill and get random periods then no periods all the time, the safest thing to do would be to get a pregnancy test or 2 just to be certain then you can take things from there good luck! :thumb:
  • Options
    Thanks billie freak., yea ive heard that the pill messes up ure period. I was supposed to get my period on the 22nd of this month and it hasnt arrived yet...i dont know wots wrong with me. I mean ive not had unprotected sex since april and i got 2 bleeds or periods after i stopped taking the pill in april. so i took another home pregnancy test yesterday and it came out negative. but i havnt even had my period and i am always bloated and having cramps/weird feelings in my tummy. this is actually driving me insane. problem is i cant even go to the doctors because im going away for 5 weeks on saturday....i dont know wot to do!:crying:
  • Options
    I found that i always worried I was pregnant over the littlest mishaps even though rationally I couldnt be, like the condom breaking and one missed pill that month. Thinking about it too much makes you thing u have symptoms that arent really there, for example i was sure i had tender breasts.

Just rationalise it to yourself - you used a condom, you took the pill which (even though wasn't continuous) really lowers chances of ovulation, and youve had two periods, even if they were a bit late (stress does that to me). one light bleed means its still possible but two is not likely at allYou've had two negative tests, youre fine.

Reading this back it seems a little condescending but i dont mean it like that at all; i used to do the same thing all the time and i totally know how it feels, u just have to rationalise it to yourself. let us know xxx
  • Options
    You're assuming that you have a standard 28 day cycle and a lot of women don't have a standard 28 day cycle. They have a regular cycle when they're on the pill because the pill artificially induces periods (if you never took a break you'd never have a period) but less regular when off it.
  • Options
    the other day i went to the doctors for a repeat perscription of the pill. now iv been taking it for over a year but recently i was so side tracked that i started misusing then and always missing some. i knew it wasnt the safest thing to do but i carried on like this. when i went to my docs she told me that she really wasnt happy with me and although i said id had my period she said that it might not of been my real period and shes making me go back tomorrow for a pregnancy test, i have been so anxious and scared and im really not looking forward for tomorrow. i am only 17 and its been such a reality check, i feel really stupid and i have no idea what il do if it turns out i am pregnant. im also scared of being judged by all my loved ones but im pretty much sure id never be able to get rid of it. you never think it will happen to you. Im glad i stumbled across this because its helpled me with confusions and i realised im not on my own. x