Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Wimbledon

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Has started today, who do fancy for it? Federer or Nadal? :p
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    The real news is that Sharapova will be wearing shorts instead this year. :(
    Weekender Offender 
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Skive wrote: »
    The real news is that Sharapova will be wearing shorts instead this year. :(

Depends how short/tight they are, I guess?

*clutches at straws*
    Federer should win it .. but Nadal is so awesome these days - and you can't dismiss Djokovic either.

That humourless, dull Andy Murray chap has no chance of getting anywhere near it ...
    Anyone but Federer. Never liked him, fancy Nadal this year tbh.
    i can't see federer winning this year. last year he just scraped through to win it when it really mattered but this year hes not done anything, he doesnt look as good. watching him today, wasn't that impressed. i like both djokovic and nadal but i reckon henman will do the deed :p
    Federer is not the man he was but he is still awesome on grass.

But the pasting Nadal gave him in Paris might have had an effect on him. He's certainly not too concerned about others, seeing as he won in Germany without losing a set, but if he and Nadal make the final all bets are off. Nadal was actually very, very close last year, and this year he's so much better on grass.

But Nadal can have a bad day against a number of players. I wouldn't bet my life against Djokovic either. He is very good and has beaten Federer on a fast surface recently.
    ... but i reckon henman will do the deed :p

Typical! The first year Henman doesn't play - and he might win! :lol:
    I dont really care who wins, i just dont want another Federer V Nadal final! It gets so boring.

I dont think Federer is up to standard this year but i dont see who is going to knock him out.. I'll shake the hand of the man who does :p

I'd rather Nadal win than Federer.

I reckon Murray should at least get to the 4th round, but thats where he'd probably meet Nadal so it'd end there :p
    What?? Nothing about Murray's absolutely blistering comeback from 2 - 0 down??

C'mon the Scots :thumb:
    What?? Nothing about Murray's absolutely blistering comeback from 2 - 0 down??

C'mon the Scots :thumb:
    Excellent come back, didn't catch the whole match but from what I saw it was very entertaining.

And whoever said Murray was dull has obviously never seen him play Tennis, he is far from dull on the court!
    I'm pleased with Murray for getting as far as he did even though he went out in straight sets yesterday.. shame he didn't do better against nadal but he was going out anyway :p

I reckon it's possible he could win it in a few years.

Another Nadal/Federer final then. Sigh.
    Yeah, there was no way Murray was getting past Nadal. To get to the finals Murray's going to need a bit of luck as far as his draws go.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Murray's a unt,
    Weekender Offender 
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Well done Laura Robson! She played so well throughout the tourny and deserved the win.

:birthday:
    What an amazing final, best game I've ever seen. Well done Rafa! :birthday:
    And the reason it was such a great final? Because

1. We have 2 great players in the game, not just one, so the match was not totally one-sided like so many recent finals have been.

2. There were lots of rallies, not all big serve and volley. Nadal didn't win a single point with serve and volley until the very last game.

Now I don't know if these players now are as good as Sampras was 10 years ago when he was invincible and big-served his way to 7 titles in 8 years, or it might be that they did something to slow things down a bit.

I do know it is a lot more entertaining again though.
    Sampras did have a huge serve but in my opinion, Federer is the greater player in the all-round game - and Nadal soon will be too.

The final was awesome. Absolute tension. Just what a final should be .... and these two prove that they are head and shoulders above the rest of the mens' game (excluding, possibly, Djokovic). Murray has a mountain to climb to get anywhere near these two.
    hmmm, i don't know, i'm inpartial- i like to make my mind when i see their performances
    appudog wrote: »
    nadal is not playing in the Wimbledon this year so there is no question for the thrashing match between nadal and federer

I assume because this thread is older than the cheesey stuff on your willy