Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Brown's manifesto

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I was watching that, if you notice even the speaker had a smirk :p. I did wonder whether he meant real of fiscal growth though, i.e. "spending will increase in line with inflation at 0%, so it is increasing, but only at the level of inflation".

But Cameron's suggestions afterwards whether it would in fact fall in real terms seems to indicate otherwise. I thought it was a fairly poor show by all of them actually except Nick Clegg who asked some awkward questions and basically said both Brown and Cameron were being asshats and just playing political poker without revealing what they meant.
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    I was watching that, if you notice even the speaker had a smirk :p. I did wonder whether he meant real of fiscal growth though, i.e. "spending will increase in line with inflation at 0%, so it is increasing, but only at the level of inflation".
    In an interview with Nick Robinson later on Wednesday - for he is a man who's always willing to lend a helping hand to New Labour whenever they're in trouble - Gordon claimed that he meant to say 0.7%. This was almost certainly just the latest tractor statistic from the king of tractor statistics.
  • Options
    What's a tractor statistic?
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    What's a tractor statistic?
    Statistics that are essentially just made up that don't stand up to any kind of scrutiny.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    Statistics that are essentially just made up that don't stand up to any kind of scrutiny.

So, is this going to be your latest use-it-to-death term you've just learned?