Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Learning to crochet

13»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    yeah but what size are your toes?

glad to see you have finished the brown and are now back onto the jazzy blue :yes:
    Gorgeous :D
    glad to see you have finished the brown and are now back onto the jazzy blue :yes:

Yeah, but look how far I got before I abandoned it in favour of lovely wool :p
    How big is it going to be Olive?
    kangoo wrote: »
    How big is it going to be Olive?

Probably not miles bigger, but I reckon I'll just keep it hibernating for when I've got nowt else I'm working on, so I could keep going til it's huge! :)
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I am in the middle of putting my squares together but it's a tad hot :|

Anyway, this is what I have so far (plus an extra couple of squares!)

grannyinprogress
    That is gorgeous too! Very beautiful colors on them both :D

I had to crochet a 1 stitch wide chain for monkeys pants, ooo, I can join in the fun now ;)
    your joining is so nice!
    your joining is so nice!

I don't like sewing! I have used the flat braiding technique which is a bit faffy but it gives a good look. Different :)
    I've never tried sewing them together, the thought alone gives me the heebie-jeebies so I just tried the "join as you go" method first time around and stuck with it. easy peasy!
    I have finished my blankie. I'll take photos tomorrow. Weaving in the ends took forever. I hate weaving in of ends almost as much as sewing together!
    I hate the ends bit too - with the one I made for my sister I just snipped them off :blush: but this time I've made a concerted effort to tie them in as I go and it's working ok so far. I also don't have a needle large enough to take yarn so it's the only choice really!

I bought more yarn today, some Pure Wool DK to continue this blanket (it is eating the pale blue colour) and then some discontinued Jaeger cotton and a ball of Handknit cotton as my OH doesn't like the feel of wool. The next blanket will be cotton :yes:
    I have finished my blankie. I'll take photos tomorrow. Weaving in the ends took forever. I hate weaving in of ends almost as much as sewing together!

I do mine as I go along to avoid this type of stress!
    kangoo wrote: »
    I do mine as I go along to avoid this type of stress!

Hehe, i get impatient and think i'll just do the next square or whatever and then, before I know it, I have about 12 squares that need the ends weaving in. I'm such a procrastinator. Whoops.
    Hehe, i get impatient and think i'll just do the next square or whatever and then, before I know it, I have about 12 squares that need the ends weaving in. I'm such a procrastinator. Whoops.

I left about 4 squares then had to weave in the ends and after that I swore I would weave as I go!

I'm crocheting a hat!