Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hi there I'm new..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all I am new to the forum. I am a 35 year old mother of 3 and used to abuse drugs and self harm in my late teens / early twenties when I was going through a tough time. I don't self harm or use / abuse drugs anymore and haven't for a long time and I am currently studying for a BA in Addictive Behaviours. I still bear the self-harm scars and this time of year is always worse as the warm weather means they are exposed and stay white when the rest of your skin goes brown! If anyone on here would like to chat to me as someone that is maybe a bit older and has come out of the other side of self-harm please feel free to post or PM me :thumb:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey mymills welcome to thesite and thanks for being so open about your issues, there are a lot of people both on these boards and on the internet who come across these boards who suffer from the same issues you have suffered from in the past and it can really help having someone who has 'got through it' talking about their experiences. Welcome to the boards and I hope you stick around :) :wave:
    Hi mymills! I'm also newbie here and thanks for talking about the stuff you've gone through and offering the help. I'm kinda going through something similar at the moment so don't be surprised if I ask about it :-P
    Hi :wave:
    welcomes :)
    Welcome to thesite! :)
    Im older, havent self harmed but have a Son who has, hey those scars are evidence of battles won!!, you fought and you won Girl, dont hide them away, we are all unique, no one person is the same thats why we are here and not somewhere else in the pecking order. Never feel that you have to apologise for existing, what makes us Human is being unique and self harming is just a coping mechanism, no different to having a few shandys down the pub after a stressful day, survival is paramount. if it takes few cuts then thats what it takes, no big deal.