Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Colours Running - Best Thing To Do?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
At the weekend, I did some washing and have ended up with beige trousers with dark blue streaks down the sides.

Talking to mum yesterday, who told me I can either dye them navy blue (the colour that ran) or she'll buy some stuff (not bleach) to remove the streaks.

What's the best thing to do, please?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    depends if you want to have a beige or a navy blue trouser.
    Oh it comes in a yellow bottle... all I can think of is carbonara. It is something like that. I heard of it from here (so I know its available in the UK) when something bled onto something else. Worked like magic!

Also, for the piece that ran, if you wash it (alone or with like colored things) with a dash of salt, that should lock the color in and keep it from bleeding again.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Oh it comes in a yellow bottle... all I can think of is carbonara. It is something like that. I heard of it from here (so I know its available in the UK) when something bled onto something else. Worked like magic!

Also, for the piece that ran, if you wash it (alone or with like colored things) with a dash of salt, that should lock the color in and keep it from bleeding again.

Carbonara is a pasta sauce :p

You can get various things from the laundry department of Asda or whatever. Pop along and I'm sure you can find something :)
    Carbonara is a pasta sauce :p

You can get various things from the laundry department of Asda or whatever. Pop along and I'm sure you can find something :)

And a good one if I recall. :yum:

I remembered it today, Carbona!
    lol @ Simba.

Putting the trousers through a normal wash worked.