Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Famous, rich and homeless

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
(This may be better in P&D, depending how it pans out)

As some of you know, I spend a few months each year running the night shift at a local shelter once a week. Despite this, I've never felt I fully understand homelessness. So, I find this quite interesting.

That said, I see why people have their doubts about this. There is something faintly uncomfortable about the fact that the people giving money to the volunteers aren't giving it to genuine rough sleepers, but the experiment is interesting.

I don't know; I'm only 20 mins into the first episode.

What do you think? Is anyone watching it?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    On another note, I recognised a cafe that refused to serve someone who appeared to be homeless and I'm appalled.
    I see where this prog is coming from and hilighting homelessness, but it does fucking annoy me. These people aren't homeless. If they want a hot cup of tea/fish & chips/tea at the Ritz they can just go and get it. It's not showing why people become homeless or what help (or lack of) there is.

It's has-been z-list twats doing the 'look at me, im doing something for charity but don't like to talk about it' :rolleyes:
    There was a similar programme with rich children iirc not so long ago.

This one was quite interesting, Hardeep came across as a right pretentious twat. Having a go at a heroin addict because he used to sell drugs, oh fuck off Hardeep you arrogant cunt.

Fella from Corrie knew the score. I liked him.
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Fella from Corrie knew the score. I liked him.
    Yeah that's the impression I'm getting so far. And the journalist is pretty sound.
    i saw both parts of this and it made me really sad. i wish something more productive had been done to help the homeless people besides just watching them. it was really moving tv. it might have been a good idea to suggest at the end that people donate to a homeless charity or something.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    omg hi wrote: »
    i saw both parts of this and it made me really sad. i wish something more productive had been done to help the homeless people besides just watching them. it was really moving tv. it might have been a good idea to suggest at the end that people donate to a homeless charity or something.

Well that goes againts what the ex homeless geezer in the film was trying to achieve. It wasn't about charity.
    Weekender Offender