Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Having a relapse

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi there, am new to this site but am not new to self harm. I have just started again tonight after managing to stop just over 4 yrs ago.
I just don't know how to cope with my love life so I need an escape and it seems I am back on this road again.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Four years is such a huge achievement! :)

Just because your 'back on that road again' doesn't mean you can't turn around. Pritty much everyone that stops at some point will have a relapse, myself included, but you have to try and focus on the positives. Which I know is easier said than done BUT it can be done. :)

Is there anyone you can talk to? Friends? Family?
    not really, I moved away from all my friends about 6 yrs ago when I moved in with my current partner. My partner got me through it last time but I can't turn to her this time.
    What about your GP? or you can have a rant here, this place is good for that :)
    Sorry I
    I have been with my fiancee for about 7 yrs. We have have broken up twice during that time. The first we broke up I started talking to a girl in the states. We lost touch and shortly afterwards I got back together with my current g/f. My US friend then got back in touch with me and we started talking. As time went on my feelings for the girl started getting stronger and I ended up splitting up with my g/f. I was working away a lot and home at the weekends but started living out of my car just so I didn't have to go home and see my ex (who I still shared a house with) It was at this point that I started self-harming. I turned to one friend but I don't think she was able to cope with it.
    I then got back with my g/f and stopped talking to the girl in the US. My g/f helped me get over the self-harming and was very understanding. My problem was that I could never forget the other girl and 4 yrs later I have started talking to her again.
    Now my head is in a complete mess and I just don't know where to turn. I feel that a blade is my only escape from my head, I know its not the answer but its the only thing that works.
    re

Hey number95,:)

It sounds like your going through a tough and painful time, thanks for sharing your thoughts and feelings with the forum. Four years is an amazing achievement also, try not be so tough on yourself. It sounds like you could do with talking to someone neutral from your girlfriend about this urge to self harm and the turmoil of your relationships. is there anyone neutral that you can talk to??such as a friend, sibling ?or a trained counsellor to explore your feelings?

Take care and keep posting:thumb:
    I don't really have any friends that I feel I could talk to about this. The only person is the one in the states. As for siblings, they are quite close to my girlfriend so feel I cannot turn there. I had though about a counsellor but had not idea how to go about enquiring about this and also unsure of the financial implications.
    re

Hey number95,:wave:

Sounds like your in a tough situation with few people to turn to independant of your girlfriend. Here is the link to some information on counselling. there are many different types of counselling available these days, no matter what type of counselling the counsellor will be there to help you explore your feelings about and urges to self harm and help you work to move forward and cope,its also confidential so it something just for you.
    Your GP should be able to refer you to a counsellor(paid for by NHS), also in your local areas there may be voluntary or charity organistions which provide counselling. the price of counselling varies from a donation to £1 per £1000 earned

Have a look around the site and the other forums available, this maybe helpful for you:thumb: