Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Jackson Tickets

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
AEG is obviously trying to save themselves a few million pounds by offering people who bought MJ Tickets a piece of shiny paper as collectors items instead of cash .. question is - will these shiny bits of paper be worth more on ebay then the face value?

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/music/article6605638.ece

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Only if they sell a relatively few number of the tickets and then they destroy all the rest so that they are the only ones in existence.
    It depends, I think. If 95% of people want their money back, they'll be worth a fortune. If 5% of people want their money back, they'll be worth nothing.
    AEG should have put a bit more effort into it - maybe produced a nice shiny medallion or something - 800,000 units made in China wouldn't cost them that much compared to the £50 to £75 per ticket they'd have to fork out otherwise.

or Maybe produced a special CD of his music - just goes to show how low companies will stoop to avoid a genuine refund.
    If people actually accept it, more fool them.
    What kind of numpty is going to accept that?!
    If people actually accept it, more fool them.

Well if there's more people who are willing to pay even more for the ticket then worth it.

I guess that's what AEG is counting on...
    i was going to get my money back because, well, i just dont want a special ticket. but everyone keeps telling me to get the ticket cos it might eventually be worth something. but if everyone thinks that, they'll be thousands of tickets floating around and they won't be worth much. maybe i should ask for a refund on one ticket and the actual ticket back for the other...
    I've heard people have already started putting their tickets on ebay and saying they'll pass it on when they get it.
    Still, I think it's ridiculous people complaining that the company is trying to "cash in on his death" and so on. If people are stupid enough to shell out money for a shiny piece of paper, fair enough.
    Still, I think it's ridiculous people complaining that the company is trying to "cash in on his death" and so on. If people are stupid enough to shell out money for a shiny piece of paper, fair enough.

you never know, it might hold more sentimental value for people than the £70 in their back pocket
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    you never know, it might hold more sentimental value for people than the £70 in their back pocket
    Exactly my point - if that's their view, who loses?