Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

holiday clothes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i'm going on a family holiday with a friend and her parents and grandparents to somewhere on the coast in wales next week....

and i haven't a clue what to take clothes wise, A) because of the changable weather, B) because i'm pretty alternative these days and yes i want to be myself and comfortable, but i don't want to freak out the family...

I've got the basics sorted out but i'm not sure what else...plus i only have a 40 litre bag to fill (medium sized hiking bag)

any ideas??

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    anyone?
    As I don't know what you tend to wear day to day or the contents of your wardrobe I'm not sure how much help I can be...but from someone who lives in Wales I would say definitely bring a waterproof coat and an umbrella...a warm jumper...and then things you can layer so on the offchance you get some of this lovely sun we've been enjoying lately you won't boil to death. As for being alternative, that's up to you really - I would say PVC leggings and a fishnet basque may not be the most appropriate for a family holiday :p but why not try personalising some of your basic tops etc to make them unique? Also you could easily rock festival chic, ie funky dresses or cut off denim shorts over tights/leggings teamed with wellies can make a nice compromise between practicality/comfort and style :) Plus, even if you do have to wear more boring basic things, you can always accessorise to make them look more "you" - and accessories take up next to no space in your bag.
    i've just gone through all my clothes, and i have very little summery stuff to wear! yes, most of it is black, and most of it is thick jeans and stuff...

i'm gonna cut up an old pair of jeans and see if i can get anything out of those... i seem to be in very short supply of tops, i might have to go buy some mens t-shirt and cut them up...

:( and i have no money!
    Try to get promo t-shirts from places to cut up.

Or charity shops for the men's t-shirts.
    well so far i have a really cool pair of capri pants, with patches, safety pins, ribbons and bondage straps, and a top that i've made out of a big square scarf... looks pretty cool, but i need more...gonna see if i can scrounge a fiver and get some 50p cami tops from primark and a pair of flipflops...

i'm gonna steal a couple of my boyfriend's old t-shirts and cut them up...

any other ideas???
    do a clothes swap with your friends.
    ebay? you can get really cheap t-shirts and if they are quite baggy and long just cut it up a little and wear it as a dress and just have a big belt? works well with t shirts with like 'I love NY' on them and stuff like that...
    do a clothes swap with your friends.
    already done that, and i got a jumper and a pair of shoes :(

i do litrally have no money, i have enough food to last me until friday lunch and then i'm completely through. I'm waiting for my benefits to come though, but they really are taking their time about it.

i'm gonna see if i can get a couple of men's t-shirt in primark or charity shop tomorrow (was going to do it today, but my friend is picking me up soon so i can use her washing machine :blush:
    if you are close to your friend that you are holidaying with ask to have access to her clothes and she can use yours too?

but i wouldnt worry. holiday is the time where no one cares what you look like. fanny bag ahoy!
    she is a size 6....so not gonna happen!