Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Earning extra money answering questionnaires online....advice?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
has anyone ever done any of these? you know, where you get paid to give your opinon on products or answer questionnaires!
im looking to earn some extra money, but dont want to be conned! Would love to have some recommendations for websites that people have used that were good.
Also, how do they work with tax+N.I contributions??
cheers guys, really skint ATM!
L+C

Comments

• Options
    I only do TNS which converts points into nectar points or amazong vouchers. I go through nectar points so no probs in terms of tax etc...

Otherwise, I recently joined dooyoo.co.uk where you write reviews on products (I recently wrote one on 10p sainsburys chicken noodles) literally anything and you earn points for reviews and people reading and rating them. I'm working my way to 50,000 points to get a £50 cheque. You get 500 points per review, 15 points per reading by a member and 1,500 points if you do an uber good review and people nominate it to be crowned. Takes a while as will all those sort of sites, but at least I'm enjoying this one as appose to ticking boxed and answering dull questions.
  • Options
    I started doing a questionnaire type one and it was so boring. Just ended up ticking any old box.

I earn the grand total of £1.40 before I got fed up.

Load of shite :thumb:
  • Options
    I only use Myvoice. They send me surveys once or twice a week, which likewise to M.Monkey's TNS, converts into Amazon redemption codes. I average about £1 per week and then they send me the redeption code once I reach £20. So yeah, it make take 20 weeks but it's better than a kick in the teeth :-) The reward is obviously proportional to the length of the survey. I've worked it out that £1 worth of points takes about 10 minutes.

Another thing, Myvoice isn't one of those timewasters that offers you a survey, gets you involved for 10 minutes, only then to find that you are dismissed as an "unsuitable" candidate. CAIO springs to mind there - avoid!
  • Options
    I used to do surveys for Pinecone Research.

£3 a time in Luncheon Vouchers or now £3 into a paypal account.
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    I used to do surveys for Pinecone Research.

£3 a time in Luncheon Vouchers or now £3 into a paypal account.

I do that. It isn't fair that they give you 3 pounds and me only $3 especially when the exchange rate was so bad :(

It is hardly worth calling it "extra money" but I keep it in my paypal and last christmas bought my brothers gift without spending a penny of my own.

And some of them are so godawful long and tedious and boring that it is really really really not worth it.
  • Options
    How did you get involved with that pinecone research? Can't seem to find anything about signing up on their website..
  • Options
    I got the info from http://www.amylynn.org/home/pinecone.html and the UK one is open for new people it looks like :)
  • Options
    hi...

hi frnz..

i personally felt it;s all fake to attend surveys for money.. but after reading all ur perspectives, i feel great and am going to start with it...

thanks a ton
  • Options
    I signed up for pinecone research yesterday, hopefuly they'll email me soon to say im accepted