Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Falling Apart, I do not know why.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, so basically at present I am falling apart,

few weeks ago I had a problem with my eye, abiet probably caused by my contact lens at the time but it seems I keep getting ill for no reason. and I lose track on whats wrong with me most of the time.

I have very bad toe, in grown toenail where the nail route is around the side of my nail not just the base, this is a problem that got treated but has come back and it needs treated again,

I also keep getting very very bad nosebleeds, sometimes up to three a day if not more, no idea what is wrong but only seems to be in summer/when hot

and now my hearing has once again fucked up, I've always had problems with my hearing two semi-major operations and hours of operations on my left ear has left me with some hearing loss, now it seems to get painful at times, clicking/crunching sound and I am getting deaf spots, a 30second period where everything is muffled or even no sound in my left ear, (I can only describe it to be like shellshock or when Tom Hanks loses his hearing in Saving private ryan, its all muffled and you cant hear much.

Its getting to me and i feel like I am falling apart, I swear the doctors must think I am a hypocondriac and my work must hate me, I have to go in for another op for my foot and if my ear is serious again thats a third, I cant afford this time of work, GAHHHH :(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hello Hellfire :wave:

Your having i right time of it at the momemnt :no: , no wonder your fed up with all thats going on.
    I am sure work will be understanding its not as if there minor things

You take cAre and look after yourself :)
    Well this is the unfortunate case, they are NOT so accomodating, with my last operation on my toe they "told" me I could only take one week off as they needed the staff (when i tried to go back it ended up infected and had to take a total of 14days off) the nose bleeds I can deal with, my hearing not so much, I am use to be partially/quite a bit deaf and I am actually worried I may end up fully deaf, not good :( the toe problem is an accute problem and I should be seen shortly but money is the biggest worry here, I am actually stashing as much as I can away to try and cover any time off but as for SSP, its beyond a joke.
    If your nose is really that bad, has anyone mentioned cauterisation to you?
    Hi hellfire

It may be an idea to find out your rights, the citizen advice bureau are very helpful and they may know of some finacial benefits.

Good luck :)
    nope... never mentioned tbh but again I dont want to go to the docs for something as trivial as this, I seem to be there all the time they must think im a joke..
    Hellfire wrote: »
    nope... never mentioned tbh but again I dont want to go to the docs for something as trivial as this, I seem to be there all the time they must think im a joke..

its not trivial if its affecting you, my friend had it done and his nosebleeds were far less frequent than yours, maybe twice a week or so. it was a quick operation, literally over in 15 minutes and he had the afternoon off school - was much like visiting the dentist except sticking things up his nose instead of his mouth.

its sounding like a tough time for you, take care
    3 nosebleeds a day won't be treated as something trivial - it's affecting your day to day life, I certainly would want to be referring you to ENT if blood tests came back normal.
    3 nosebleeds a day, even as a one off would be worth seeing your GP about, let along happening regularly.

Its the kind of thing that will only have a negative impact on you, both your general well being and happiness as well as your physical health.

Can often be relatively quickly and easily fixed so worth a chat.

And it's unlikely that they think you're a hypochondriac, you've got nice solid physical symptoms, doctors like those.
    And it's unlikely that they think you're a hypochondriac, you've got nice solid physical symptoms, doctors like those.

:yes:

Specific symptoms, too. You'll get further with those than with something vague and systemic, like fatigue or general pain. I'd definitely go to the docs. Frequent nosebleeds are at best annoying, and at worst a symptom of something underlying.

Hope you get all sorted soon - I know what it's like to feel on the scrapheap!
    Thanks people, i suppose least I can feel better as i have physical symptons but heh, i will go to the docs,

btw the nosebeeds are upto 3 a day, mainly 1/2 a day but had 3 :( however I do sometimes have none, it makes me happy :p
    Daily is still worth seeing a doctor about.

xx
    apparently it is not,

So I went to the doctors. and according to the doctor 2/3 nose bleeds 4/5times a week is normal
    I'd go see another doctor, that's pretty shocking. I don't know your situation but like I said, my friend had nosebleeds 2 or 3 times a week max and that was enough to have cauterisation.

What did he say when he said it was "normal" I have nosebleeds once every 2 years or so at most. Obviously something is going on up there so he must have given you some practical advice other than just 'deal with it'?
    Well i went in for my ear mainly due to serious problems before, and thats fine, bit of fluid in the ear, however when i mentioned the nosebleeds she didnt even look at my nose just said, "it's normal, when you get hot your blood vessels expand and relax and this can cause nosebleeds" I explained it was alot 2/3 a day 5times a week n all i got was a "its annoying i know but not a problem"
    I really don't know what to say to that. It does sound like she's fobbing you off but I am not a doctor.
    I have always found that if I go to the docs for more than one thing then the second item is quickly swept under the carpet or never fully answered.
    number95 wrote: »
    I have always found that if I go to the docs for more than one thing then the second item is quickly swept under the carpet or never fully answered.

Snap!
    That is terrible! you should definatly see another doctor. It could be something as simple as an exposed vein that needs nothing more than to be cauterized as Melain said (in the mean time you should try a saline nasal spray to moisturize, it can help a lot) but frequent nosebleeds can be a side effect of certian medications or a sign of something more serious, most often high blood pressure.

I can't believe your doctor would just shake it off!
    You should definatly complain to a superior. A patient shouldn't be treated like that.

Perhaps seeing an ENT would be better if your doctor is going to be such a bitch :p