Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

College survey

C FunkC Funk Deactivated Posts: 163 Helping Hand
Hey all :wave:

If you're in college or 6th form and can spare a few minutes please help Curly_boy with this survey. :thumb:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If you are currently at college and could take 10 minutes to fill in this survey it is going towards a piece of sociology research for my course. I’m hoping to find out more about people’s experiences of 6th form college.

I'm sorry i can't offer anything in reward for you doing this but i'm still a student myself. If at least 5 college students could complete this it would be great, i will keep you in complete annominity (i won't tell anyone who you are). Thank you very much for taking the time to complete this questionnaire

PART 1

A/S or A2:

Why did you chose your college?
Was it parental, peers, courses or others that influenced your choice?
What subjects are you doing?

Why did you chose them and are they available elsewhere?
How do you get to college? Did this affect your choice of college?
Did your previous school have a sixth form?
What appealed to you most about your college?

PART 2

What is the teaching style like at your college?
What is the social side like? Are there organised events like Proms?
Is it formal or informal with the teachers? (do you call them Sir and Miss or by their first names)
What was the main reason you chose your college?
What are the main type of courses at your college? (sports, vocational or academic etc)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    PART 1

A/S or A2: Just finished 'A/S'

Why did you chose your college? It got 'outstanding' in offsted, its rated as one of the best in the country, it offered the perfect course i was looking for.
    Was it parental, peers, courses or others that influenced your choice?I really enjoyed doing art GCSE, always have and my 6th form didnt offer the course that i wanted.
    What subjects are you doing? B-tech National Diploma in Art and Design, (includes fine art, 3D, Ceramics, Photography, Graphics, Print and Fashion/Textiles)

Why did you chose them and are they available elsewhere?It was more convieniet, if i sticked at A-levels i woud have to do a extra year called a foundation year so i could go and do something "arty" in uni. Without this foundation year they wouldnt accept you as you didnt have a wide enough range and knowledge of art and deign. So B-tech seemd like the better option, as i would miss out the foundation year. (i dunno if ny of that made sense :p)
    How do you get to college? Did this affect your choice of college?I ether get a lift, of bus, its only a 10 minute bus ride so it didnt effect my choice at all.
    Did your previous school have a sixth form?yep
    What appealed to you most about your college?The more relaxed atmosphere, you dont have the younger years (year 7, 8, 9...), get treated more like an adult

PART 2

What is the teaching style like at your college?Very relaxed, yet they still try and get the best possible outcome for grades
    What is the social side like? Are there organised events like Proms?They have them every so often, but not much
    Is it formal or informal with the teachers? (do you call them Sir and Miss or by their first names)By first names
    What was the main reason you chose your college?Offered the course I wanted
    What are the main type of courses at your college? (sports, vocational or academic etc)B-tech National Diplomals