Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Anyone fancy £50?

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
Then get your wallets out and check for dodgy 20p coins.

Last year, the Royal Mint set about re-designing 5p, 10p, 20p, 50p and £1 coins. Due to a mistake when 20p coins were being pressed last year, there are now a batch of 20p coins in circulation which have no date at all on them. Read more here.

No joy for me on this occasion, sadly. Have a look - you never know.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    could you tell me why royal mail - our postal service - decided to redesign our coins??
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    You mean Royal Mint :p

This is fairly old news. Alas, I don't have one. I keep checking, though. I do save all my 20ps in a ladybird and save it for special things :)
    none of mine are dated but they have the rose on the back, i guess thats normal? edit: date is on the rose, doh
    You mean Royal Mint :p
    As the Polish would say at this point "Ah, kurva!"

You can work out what expletive this translates into.
    I really can't be bothered to look through all my silver... will they go up or down in price over time?
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    One went on eBay for £5800.
    I really can't be bothered to look through all my silver... will they go up or down in price over time?

Up.

There's some idiot (or genius) selling old 20ps on Ebay, because they used to have the date on the tails side.
    anyone found one yet? im sure i read theres over 200,000 in circulation so somebody must have one...hehe :]
    I found £12 worth of 20p coins at home - out of those only 1 was even the new design.