Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

His penis smelt - is he cheating?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi

I am really worried my boyfriend might be cheating because last weekend, I give him a blowjob, and noticed straight away he did have a certain smell around the head of his penis (he has a foreskin by the way). I can't say it was a vaginal smell specifically - it was just a general mild cheesy smell I guess.

I know men tend to suffer from smelly penises if they don't wash properly, but the thing is he is very clean, and he told me he'd just had a shower about 8 hours before this point.... I know he always cleans himself well, and I have given him lots of blowjobs when he hasn't had a shower since that morning/day before and he never normally smells.

So it just seems really strange that he had a noticeable smell that day, especially after having a shower not that long before!?

What makes this worse is that, I know from myself, and from other times I have given him blowjobs, the smell reminds me of the how his penis would have if we had had sex earlier that day and he hadn't showered yet.

So now I think that smell means that he must have had sex before seeing me :(

What do you think? Guys, do you ever find that you smell more quickly for no reason? Do you know whether the smell you have 'after sex' on your penis smells the same as if you just haven't washed / are sweaty?

Thoughts welcome? :(

Bett

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    its such a tenuous link i would try and not think about it really as there could be any number of variables going on.
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    its such a tenuous link i would try and not think about it really as there could be any number of variables going on.

I agree. I wouldn't start getting suspicious of this one occurrence. Furthermore, don't you think that he would have washed before putting his cock in your mouth? If he had cheated, he'd probably have tried to shower away the evidence.
    hi

thanks for your fast replies.

what kind of variables do you think? maybe theres something i've not thought of that could help to stop me thinking about it. problem is i keep trying to forget about it but everytime i smell 'after sex' smells i think about it again :(:(:(

no point talking to him because if he is innocent he'll only be pissed off, and if he is guilty he's hardly going to admit it anyway!!!

about showering away the evidence, well, you'd think so but i guess a guy who is willing to cheat on his girl the day she comes to stay is a bit of a cock anyway and i imagine doesnt really care if he sticks his dick in her mouth after shagging someone else. or am I cynical? besides, maybe he just didnt get time to shower before meeting me.... didnt realise the time, rushed, etc..... just some of my ways of thinking that makes this hard for me.
    curiobett wrote: »
    about showering away the evidence, well, you'd think so but i guess a guy who is willing to cheat on his girl the day she comes to stay is a bit of a cock anyway and i imagine doesnt really care if he sticks his dick in her mouth after shagging someone else. or am I cynical? besides, maybe he just didnt get time to shower before meeting me.... didnt realise the time, rushed, etc..... just some of my ways of thinking that makes this hard for me.

Does he give you any other reasons to suspect that he could be 'a bit of a cock'? Are you suspicious of him anyway?

If he wanted to still go out with you but also wanted to cheat, he would care about cleaning himself. And a few minutes of cleaning his cock in the wash basin is all that he would need to take away most of the detectable 'evidence'.

He may have had a wank and didn't wipe himself up properly. He may not have had a shower last thing the night before etc etc

I'd say maybe keep a casual eye on him but don't get too obsessed by this one incident.
    I wouldn't make too much of a stink about it.

He probably just had a bad shower day and forgot to wash it. If he had something to hide, he'd definitely have made the effort wash him properly.
    He probably just had a bad shower day and forgot to wash it. If he had something to hide, he'd definitely have made the effort wash him properly.

I agree!
    Judging weather or not a guy is cheating by the smell of his dick...how very scientific :yeees:

This song is for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkD1xmc8c4Y
    maybe he whacked one out before meeting you? n its just some smelly cheesy cum
    curiobett wrote: »
    what kind of variables do you think? maybe theres something i've not thought of that could help to stop me thinking about it. problem is i keep trying to forget about it but everytime i smell 'after sex' smells i think about it again :(:(:(

virtually countless variables:
    - when was the last time he washed
    - what has he been eating
    - when was the last time he went toilet
    - any intermittent medical issues
    - when was the last time he masturbated
    - what underwear was he wearing
    - was it a hot day
    - what had he be doing that day
    - when was the last time he had been drinking
    - has he been smoking
    - what soap is he using
    - how thoroughly did he last wash
    - has he put any perfumes on deodorants down there
    - etc. etc. etc.

All of these things can easily change the way someone smells down there, and there are probably a million other variables too. Honestly I think it's so loosely correlated I would try not to think about it at all because it will just make you suspicious and worry.
    You daftie. It's been hot lately, he'll have been a bit sweatier in the groin area than usual, thus leading to a bit of a smelly willy. It's really no big deal, and definitely not evidence of cheating.

Unless of course his penis smelt specifically of a vagina. But that is doubtful, as others have pointed out - any man who cheats on his girlfriend would think to wash his nob before getting her to put it in his mouth.

Put it out of your mind! And next time it happens, tell him he's a bit whiffy and ask him to wash it first.
    he needs a wash then... as he has proberly lacked with the hygine?
    or do i have to pertend to jump the gun and say he is cheating?? lol :)

This sounds reasonable to me too.
    i would try not to worry, it might be just nothing like he didnt wash or had a wank.

Thats pretty funny. But you said that he had taken a shower so even if he had cheated it wouldn't be from that. It's probably just something normal.

If anything I would worry more about an STI