Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Distant Selling Regulations?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello every one :)

Not sure if anybody could help me, but my contract is up in September and Im thinking of getting the iPhone. However im scared incase I dont like it! If I order it off the internet and I get it home and dont like it, can I return it within 7 days, which is my 'cooling off' period? Does anybody know about this?

Thanks for your help :thumb:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    probably better off buying it over the internet then in person in terms of rights to return it.

what's not to like?

The main thing is the amount of software for it. Loads of useful apps out there
    I think the IPhone is a love/hate thing, i had one and it drove me nuts, ended up selling on ebay and now have the Nokia N97 which has to be the best phone i have ever used.
    Territt wrote: »
    I think the IPhone is a love/hate thing, i had one and it drove me nuts, ended up selling on ebay and now have the Nokia N97 which has to be the best phone i have ever used.

and why did you hate it?

I wouldn't want to carry something as big as an iphone with me when out clubbing, etc but when travelling around the UK it would certainly be handy
    Not sure really, just didnt like the interface much(But thats a personal thing) but I also like to run multipal apps at the same time, i couldnt do this on the IPhone, and i didnt like the need to use ITunes only.

The apps are ok on there but again you can only get them from Apple, the n97 i can get almost any app i want for free, install it myself.
    Thanks everyone - so, does that mean its ok to return it then if I dont like it?

Was speaking to a women who works in an o2 shop today and she was saying they have none of the 16GB iPhone S's in store, but people dont care, they're just going for the 32GB ones - she said they have been so unbelievably popular!
    There is also the Blackberries to consider and LG Viewty (which is touch-screen). If you have mates that have any of these phones, politely ask if you can have a play around with them then judge.
    Territt wrote: »
    Not sure really, just didnt like the interface much(But thats a personal thing) but I also like to run multipal apps at the same time, i couldnt do this on the IPhone, and i didnt like the need to use ITunes only.

The apps are ok on there but again you can only get them from Apple, the n97 i can get almost any app i want for free, install it myself.

I have a Nokia phone - Symbian and like the multitasking, it's kinda crap the iPhone doesn't multitask but I like the interface - have an iPod touch so familar with what's available, also big probalem is the most useful apps are blocked by the Apple Store, like VOIP over the phone's network or some decent GPS stuff,
    I :heart: my iPhone.
    Teagan wrote: »
    I :heart: my iPhone.

Apple Whore!

I wouldn't mind one, they just need to improve the camera to at least 5 Megapixel and I'd run out and buy one!
    CoolMe wrote: »
    Apple Whore!

I wouldn't mind one, they just need to improve the camera to at least 5 Megapixel and I'd run out and buy one!

Waddle, more like.
    Waddle, more like.

:lol:
    Waddle, more like.

Well after going a round with you, I think i'd be waddling ;)