Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

why the fuck do people do this?!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok I know it's a sunday morning, and sunday morning drivers etc but I've just come in from a long drive and this has made me livid, even though I know it shouldn't :D

Why the fuck do some people indicate right approaching a roundabout when they intend to go straight on?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Because most drivers in this country are inbred fucktards who deserve to be taken out and shot in the kneecaps.
    Sir, I bow to your superior insight. :thumb:
    Because they are stupid and it pisses me off too
    If only real life was like need4speed.
    because they like to piss you off? :D
    or... they are lost.
    If only real life was like need4speed.

It should be legal for people to use RPGs on caravan and HGV drivers who don't pull over on single carriageway roads, and on middle lane morons.
    as an ex-cyclist and a pedestrian, i get mortally pissed off with people not indicating...or indicating one way and going another!
    Don't get me started. Another pet hate is people who only indicate at the very last second. They start slowing down their car and you have absolutely no idea why. Only about half a second before they are due to make the turn do they actually decide to let me - the long-suffering sod behind them - know what they're doing.

I won't even start talking about the incident today where a parked car started pulling out just as I was behind him without even bothering to switch the indicator on first. Here's hoping the cunt crashes.
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    Don't get me started. Another pet hate is people who only indicate at the very last second. They start slowing down their car and you have absolutely no idea why. Only about half a second before they are due to make the turn do they actually decide to let me - the long-suffering sod behind them - know what they're doing.

I won't even start talking about the incident today where a parked car started pulling out just as I was behind him without even bothering to switch the indicator on first. Here's hoping the cunt crashes.

My god, I hate this! Or people who pay no attention to speed limits. Its 70!! Go, go, go, why are you still at 40?! Twat.
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    My god, I hate this! Or people who pay no attention to speed limits. Its 70!! Go, go, go, why are you still at 40?! Twat.

Some people feel unsafe doing high speeds. When my mum started driving, she didn't drive that fast because of her confidence.
    Lexi99 wrote: »

My car has the power of one half dead asthmatic horse and I can never get up to speed very quick, especially going uphill onto a highway onramp. I always feel like such a douchebag asshole going so slow pissing everybody off :(
    I'm such an impatient driver, probably one of the worst. I hate having to keep slowing down, going up and down the gears all the time, I'd rather just go so I can get where I'm going and get on with my life.
    See, i don't mind slowing down/speeding up, cuz i've got an auto :) but with my ickle car being a 1.3, i have had many a car overtake me on the country lanes (the funniest is when they think it's you going slow...but it's the car in front, and i'm keeping a bit of distance, my how i laugh when they are forced to pull in behind them :p)
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I seem to spend my life on the road. Last week I'd done 1400 miles by Thursday. I get more stressed out by twats the road than I do by my job.

Middle lane fuckwits are the worst. If you can't understand the simple concept that you should stick to the nearside lane unless overtaking you should not be driving.

I've can't even escape idiots on the road on my time off. Come the weekend it seems every flat cap wearing old cunt decides to have a nice trip to the forest. This apparently means stopping everytime you see a pony or cattle - which is every couple of hundred metres.

Old people should not drive.
    Weekender Offender 
    Melian wrote: »
    Some people feel unsafe doing high speeds. When my mum started driving, she didn't drive that fast because of her confidence.
    Well, circumstances obviously vary. I would, for example, consider anyone who drove on narrow country roads in heavy rain at 70mph to be a complete twat who was just asking to be killed. But sometimes there's just no excuse for it. If it's a national speed limit road on a nice sunny day, with a big road and hardly any traffic about, what reason is there not to do 60mph? Generally speaking, if people are doing 50mph or more, I tend not to overtake them. However, I simply haven't got the patience to do an entire journey at half the speed limit. If someone's driving at a ridiculously slow speed, I'm going to overtake them as soon as I can safely do it.

Modern cars are very powerful. It doesn't do the engine any good if it's constantly doing 30mph in third gear. It's why city cars tend not to last as long - all that starting and stopping and all those speed limit restrictions are bad for a car's health. What I would say, however, is that there's no point buying a flashy car with a big engine if you don't intend to use some of that power. For example, I wouldn't buy a Ferrari and then go around everywhere at 40mph - what would be the point in that?

In defence of slow drivers everywhere, however, I must state how bloody irritating it is when the driver behind you, who clearly wants to go a lot faster, is tailgating you everywhere because he can. When I'd been driving for about three months, it gave me great pleasure one time in braking very harshly whilst someone was giving me that treatment. Sufficient to say the cunt wasn't feeling as smug after that and kept his distance. I was doing 55mph already, ffs...
    Melian wrote: »
    Still wrong, and you'd fail your test for going slower than the speed limit without any reason too :p i also got told it "can" be treated as dangerous driving/can get pulled over for it but i dunno bout that or not

I HATE FUCKING SLOW DRIVERS, specially on the straight to my work its 60, go 60 not fucking 20 you fucktard,

that and cyclists who have to drive in the middle, and i mean trace the central line like a robot that follows the white line, next time i see one out comes the 2/4 with nails in it, cycle after that fucktard, and pedestrians who think they can walk out in front of you in a car park, it may be a car park but its still a ROAD,

Grrr i hate most drivers, most are fucktards.
    skakitty wrote: »
    See, i don't mind slowing down/speeding up, cuz i've got an auto :) but with my ickle car being a 1.3, i have had many a car overtake me on the country lanes (the funniest is when they think it's you going slow...but it's the car in front, and i'm keeping a bit of distance, my how i laugh when they are forced to pull in behind them :p)
    how can your car go so slow? my lil 1L yaris can do a ton quite easily :-p 1.3 should easily be able to do any national speed limits :p
    Yea i was gonna say, mines a 1200CC and I can easily do 90... I mean 70.
    Mine struggles up hills too/
    I don't believe anyone who says that their car can't go fast enough. I drive a one litre Toyota Aygo and my good lady wife got 103mph out of it on the autobahnen in Germany. Not bad seeing as Toyota reckon it's got a top speed of 97mph...

We have the same problems around here with owd codgers driving too slowly. Last week on the A1 I was stuck behind some old twat doing 36mph and the highlight of my driving career has to be the ancient douchebag in the Golf GTI doing 17mph on the A68.

If I had a Land Rover Defender I'd just ram the fuckers off the road.
    Hellfire wrote: »
    how can your car go so slow? my lil 1L yaris can do a ton quite easily :-p 1.3 should easily be able to do any national speed limits :p

aye i was gonna say that...i used to have a daewoo matiz (800cc engine!!!) and could still manage to go at 70 on motorways...i once did 80 but the poor thing was rattling...lol. i did have trouble going up hills though, specially if i had people in the back.
    Ok I know it's a sunday morning, and sunday morning drivers etc but I've just come in from a long drive and this has made me livid, even though I know it shouldn't :D

Why the fuck do some people indicate right approaching a roundabout when they intend to go straight on?

Because people are stupid, and their stupid habits breed throughout their driving life. And, just as stupidly, nobody is ever re-tested, so there's little chance of eradicating such poor habits.
    Kermit wrote: »
    I don't believe anyone who says that their car can't go fast enough. I drive a one litre Toyota Aygo and my good lady wife got 103mph out of it on the autobahnen in Germany. Not bad seeing as Toyota reckon it's got a top speed of 97mph....

Because your speedometer doesn't give a totally accurate reading of your speed.
    Because your speedometer doesn't give a totally accurate reading of your speed.

Yes, I do understand the mechanics of speedometers :)
    as an ex-cyclist and a pedestrian, i get mortally pissed off with people not indicating...or indicating one way and going another!

As a current motorist, I can't see any point in giving cyclists anything to improve their road experience, because non of them ever use it. In terms of the percentage who don't follow the rules of the road, cyclists must come in at a good 70-80%, not including those who don't wear a helmet. We've just had a huge road reworking in my town to incorporate an extensive cycle lane network. But do any of them use it? Do they buggery. They go on the road with the cars because it's a tenth of a second quicker. Also those flashing lights should be banned. "My light's about as bright as a firefly on an off day. What should I do to make myself more visible to cars? I know, I'll set it so that it's only on half the time." :rolleyes:

As for roundabouts, I've never understood how so many people don't get such a simple concept. Indicate the direction you're going, then indicate left just before you get to the exit you're going to take. It's not rocket science. I can understand not bothering if you're a lazy person, but how do some people try and still get it wrong?
    Kermit wrote: »
    I don't believe anyone who says that their car can't go fast enough.

It's annoying because every car should be fast enough to go at a normal speed, but not every car is fast enough to overtake the idiot safely when they do go slow. I usually have to have a bit of a run up in my car.

I think my car is a 1.3 as well but has 79 hp and 75torque. It isn't going anywhere anytime soon :p I dare anybody to say that any car can get up to speed fast enough to drive it.
    what car u got Simba?
    Still wrong, and you'd fail your test for going slower than the speed limit without any reason too :p i also got told it "can" be treated as dangerous driving/can get pulled over for it but i dunno bout that or not

I don't think you need to travel at the speed limit, but you should be working towards it. I'd expect anywhere between 25-30 in a 30mph area, 35-40mph in a 40, and 50-60 on a single carriageway (or less, a country road near me it so bendy it's dangerous to go round at more than 40) and a motorway 60mph+ normally unless you have a caravan / lorry / etc.

My pet peeve is people who tailgate you despite you doing the speed limit. Ever tried overtaking someone on a busy motorway? You might be going 80. Then the guy in his fucking mercedes is trying to kiss your bumper because he wants to travel at 100. On a bike if he hits my back wheel I end up dead.
    It annoys me where people who are going past a roundabout turn off, decide to then put their right indicator on, to show that they are not coming off at that junction, then proceed to come off at the next turn off, with the right indicator still showing.
    Ohh yeh, i do the speed limit on the country roads around here (when they are not too bendy) but there is always a faster car beind me wanting to speed basically!