Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

itchy toes are driving me mad!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
for about three days i have had mega itchy toes - just the top side. they have now swollen up and i put some cream on them, and its burning like hell...one foot is worse than the other, but it seriously driving me round the bend...

helps!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It could be chronic foot-itcheritis. I would advise to see a dermatologist.
    yeah fat chance of that happening on the NHS.

i've just had a good look at my toes and there are lots of little tiny bumps - not like mozzie bites much much smaller, and i've had this for three days now...if it was a insect it would have normally gone down by now...
    What cream have you been putting on? Anti histamine cream? It sounds like a reaction to something, what I don't know though.
    this has been happening to me over the last couple of days, i think its the heat! they are SO itchy iv been scratching them constantly on the side of the bed (nice eh!) but it doesnt go away...i found putting them in a bowl of cold water helps, also i used some benadryl cream and that helped for a while too. but the water helped the most. :)
    Does sound like a reaction - could be heat rash. Try taking antihistamines or using hc45 cream.
    i can't take anti-histamines because of my ADs. i'm trying to find my calendula cream to put on them and see if that helps....
    i can't take anti-histamines because of my ADs. i'm trying to find my calendula cream to put on them and see if that helps....

You can use antihistamines in cream form with ADs. Might even be more effective applied locally on a skin rash than if you took the pills!
    good point! i'll see if i can get any....
    Athletes foot my dears, get yourself some antifingal cream. Keep feet clean and dry and use the antifungal cream for the time specificed on the destructions otherwise it'll just come back.
    it definatly not athletes foot, my feet be in very good condition, i'm now pretty sure its either prickly heat or insect bites....

ran water over my feet, and it stang like hell! i stayed with it for a while and its eased the itch for a while....
    sneer wrote: »
    Athletes foot my dears, get yourself some antifingal cream. Keep feet clean and dry and use the antifungal cream for the time specificed on the destructions otherwise it'll just come back.

ive had this a couple of times and it has always started as little lumps, its always agravated by warm weather.
    right, well overnight the little bumps have turned into huge blisters...i didn't manage to get any antihistamine cream but i'm going to go to the pharmasist today and see what the fuck is going on with my feet!

any ideas? surely not insect bites best part of 5 days on?
    A secondary infection on the atheletes foot :p:D

Let us know what it turns out to be - have you been wearing any new shoes recently?
    the pharmasist said she was sure it wasn't atheltes foot because i have no flakeyness, or any smell coming from my feet, but it did seem to be some kind of other fungal skin infection, so i've got a cream to try and if that doesn't get better i need to get more antibiotic cream (which would be twice in a month!)
    booked an appointment with the doctor thsi afternoon cos the cream isn't making an inch of difference. a friend of mine looked at them and said they look exactly like chillblains (but in summer??) they have little tiny black dots in the little bumps as well...:(
    How are your feets doing?
    still very sore...the dr thinks its wet athletes foot ?? and has given me very strong anti-fungal cream...not very happy though, cos i'm almost sure its something else, ok i'm no proffesional, but the pharmasist didn't seem to think it was athletes foot either...
    Hurrah I'm as clever as a doctor. Not sure if thats a goosd thing or not! Maybe a career change is in order, I think the get paid better anyhoo.

I honestly think that is what it is most likely to be even if its not presenting in the usual manner - unbearable itching and blisters is pretty classic for it. It is possible to get secondary infections when you have AF so be sure to go back to the docs if it gets any worse.