Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Job websites

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Best job websites?

Comments

• Options
    suppose it depends on what job you are looking for?

There are some job web sites that ask for a cv...so always handy to have one via your pc.
  • Options
    That's the thing........ I don't know:confused:

Jobs I've considered
    • MoD
    • RAF.....Applied twice+failed twice
    • Webpage Design.....Didn't finish course
    • Working outdoors, something to do with the countryside like forestry, conservation, river/pond/lake work/restoration

Jobs I don't want to do etc
    • Working in a factory
    • Sat at a computer all day
    • I find it difficult to talk to people I don't know cuz I'm shy

Ever since starting my current job (been there for 6 LOOOOONG years now. I've been looking for another job, but failing all the time. Work has been getting sh1tter and sh1tter every year, bringing in new 'rules'. Oh I work in a chocolate factory by the way, and it isn't all that glamarous as you think!!! PERIOD!!!!

I need to be on my feet walking about as I have had problems with my legs....varicose veins and ulcers on both my ankles. So I guess a job outside would be appropriate for me.
  • Options
    well you are talking to me.....mmmm chocolate. No I bet. I had a burst vein a couple of months ago so I sympathise.

I know the feeling what jobs can be like...my job aint that grand either and it has its good days and bad days.

I have to stick at it as the jobs at the moment are few and far between.

It is also great to be outdoors....not sure where to find those kind of jobs but can have a look via google. I dont know if the jobcente plus website would be of any good.
  • Options
    Nope the jobcentre plus website isn't all that good. But I do go on in every now and again.
  • Options
    Have you tried job agencies...sometimes mate they have an assortment of jobs on their books.
  • Options
    I doubt that any job website is going to be that much use to you until you narrow down what you want to do.
  • Options
    Mist wrote: »
    I doubt that any job website is going to be that much use to you until you narrow down what you want to do.

Yep thats very true Mist!
  • Options
    There are loads of job websites out there, some are better than others, some need you to have a specific idea of what job you want to do.
    You sound quite undecided as to what you want to do, maybe an interview with a careers advisor may be a good place to start?
    The jobcentre plus website has recently had a bit of a revamp, some people prefer it, others liked it the way it was... Some websites are down to personal choice as to how you get on with it.

One thing I would say is in this current climate, don't leave your current job until you have another one lined up!!