Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Michael Jackson Is Dead (confirmed)

Comments

• Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    So Michael jackson announces a 50 day tour, takes all the money and then dies?

You've been hit by a smooth criminal.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    RIP, i did love his music

L.A Coroners confirm he is dead :(
    Up da ra!
    Dr Pirate wrote: »
    So Michael jackson announces a 50 day tour, takes all the money and then dies?

You've been hit by a smooth criminal.

aye - reckon anyone will get a refund?

eta - the Daily Mail has no less than NINE articles about Michael Jackson on their front page. NINE! Do they write these things and then store them up waiting for people to die or something? :eek2:
    eta - the Daily Mail has no less than NINE articles about Michael Jackson on their front page. NINE! Do they write these things and then store them up waiting for people to die or something? :eek2:

Er, yes! Most big news companies will have the odd obituary written for a lot of famous people just in case. Think they just update them every so often, then they just need a quick scan before they're published.

I think it's sad. He was obviously a very messed up child/man who couldn't deal with the fame, or even normal life in the last few years.
    i admit, he was a complete werid ass and most likely a peado
    but still, he made some amazing music, some of the best i've ever heard but that doesn't make me one of his strange obsessed fans
    and yes he desverse some sympathy but how would you like it if you died and people started slagging you off??? I know that he touched children but still have some respect for the dead
    tbh, i dont think he did touch children, BUT i will not get into this discussion

He has my respects, I would say the largest death (in music) before this wouldve been the king himself, presley, so it comes as a bit of a shock
    It is sad, especially to die at his age, but it's also sad that Farrah Fawcett has died (but that seems to have been overlooked).

I feel sorry for his children most of all in this, loosing a father and then having the constant media attention surrounding his death :(
    yes it has seemed to be overlooked, I love Farrah in Charlies Angels
    I was maybe 5 or 6 when thriller came out and michael jackson was huge huge huge throughout most of my childhood.
    I may have been a bigger fan if he wasnt such a fruitcake as theres no denying the music. I just hope the very troubled man is now at peace
    I don't think it's about saying michael is more important than farrah, but simply than michael jackson is far more famous and as such more noteworthy
    lea_uk wrote: »
    Like that's proof?

All im saying its abit werid, why couldnt he build it somewhere else? why did he feel the need to build it there? I've always thought that the whole situation was iffy.

But nevertheless i will pay my respects to the guy, no one could fill his shoes and he made some amazing music.
    why build a childrens park in your back garden? :chin:

Maybe cos his Dad had him working at the age of 5 and he wanted to recapture his youth?

Not many people in the western world start working at age 5.

Also wasn't exactly a back garden - place was huge

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neverland_Ranch
    A true musical genius, who redefined popular music and made one of the most perfect records ever which, probably rightly, is the highest-selling album of all time. Very, very sad. He was unfortunately a victim of his own popularity and his mental father.

Requiescat in Pace Michael. x
    Gutted.

RIP.
    And thoughts for his kids too ... he may have been 'whacko' to the rest of the world but to his kids, dad was dad. :crying:
    I think people forget that when they're making the jokes about melting him down. Still quite funny, but pretty awful.

I hope he's at peace. Personally I don't think he sexually abused boys, I just think he was a disturbed man who wanted to actually have a childhood.
    all the people at the airport first thing this morning were staring at the news screens in shock and sadness. i actually said 'you what?' out loud when i saw the news, even though i was alone. i couldn't believe it. i'm not a huge fan of his but i wish he hadn't had to go through the troubles he endured. i hope he's at peace now.
    Confirmed

Micheal Jackson is really dead. Doctors tried to revive him but they failed. He was believed to have a cardiac arrest unless autopsy proved other causes.
    jakehussie wrote: »
    Micheal Jackson is really dead. Doctors tried to revive him but they failed. He was believed to have a cardiac arrest unless autopsy proved other causes.

Good morning wherever you are ... :lol:
    Teagan wrote: »
    Good morning wherever you are ... :lol:

well the thread title is still (unconfirmed) and it's not the first time I've jumped into a thread only reading the first post
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    well the thread title is still (unconfirmed) and it's not the first time I've jumped into a thread only reading the first post

Good point, I've edited the thread title now. We'd rather avoid the jokes as well so they've been deleted.
    ShyBoy wrote: »

Foolish boy! :)

Even if he looked at two or three posts above his, he'd have detected that we now know ... but oh well. :)
    Kermit wrote: »
    I hope he's at peace. Personally I don't think he sexually abused boys, I just think he was a disturbed man who wanted to actually have a childhood.
    Ditto.
    Kermit wrote: »

I agree, his "childhood" didn't leave a lot to be desired for.
    Paying my respect to the King of Pop...

I had Thriller, Bad, Dangerous & HIStory and was meaning to get Off The Wall as well. Although I lost touch after HIStory, I still didn't believe that he committed the paedophilia. I remembering it sweeping TheSite.org back in '02 and I dismissed it as being media barons lining their pockets. The painkiller addiction back in 1993 would be more realistic though.

Sad times. He'll be up there with Elvis (already mentioned by Hellfire), along with Freddie Mercury, John Lennon and Stevie Wonder. I would say that the main pop singer alive now will be Madonna.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Monserrat wrote: »
    Paying my respect to the King of Pop...

I had Thriller, Bad, Dangerous & HIStory and was meaning to get Off The Wall as well. Although I lost touch after HIStory, I still didn't believe that he committed the paedophilia. I remembering it sweeping TheSite.org back in '02 and I dismissed it as being media barons lining their pockets. The painkiller addiction back in 1993 would be more realistic though.

Sad times. He'll be up there with Elvis (already mentioned by Hellfire), along with Freddie Mercury, John Lennon and Stevie Wonder. I would say that the main pop singer alive now will be Madonna.

Stevie Wonder is still alive :p

With regards to MJ, very sad. I hope he has found peace at last.
    I liked a Jacko song as much as the next person, but as far as I can see the 'King of Pop' died a long time ago.

Just hope the media can reel in their frenzied faux-grieving and leave the people who are really grieving for him some space.
    I dont think he touched kids either, i mean if i had his reputation and that many fans still i wouldnt go fiddle with some teenager tbh..

rest in peace anyway !
    Ahhh thanks Littlemissy. My bad about Stevie Wonder. Plus, I'm a fan of his with several of my albums so I should had known *blushes*. Can someone slap me real hard please? :-)