Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

brother wont let me grow up

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi
ive just started to go out with this lad a year older than me and he has become so over protective about it all.... i mean worse than my actually parents who really like him and i have no problem with it

They are away for the weekend and says that he can come round but now my brother is like planning on coming just so nothing will happen!
its so annoying cus i just want to spend time with my bf without anyone else...
how can i approach him without making him more annoyed or more suspicious about things...
please help
xx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I dont want to sound rude, but how old are you? If your 13, 14 then i can understand his side tottaly. If not then maybe he is being over protective about it.

Have you tried talking to him about it? If not thats where i would start, and because hes your brother i bet its very easy to get in arguments :p just make sure you deal with this in a mature manor, arguing will mae things worse.
    im 16... ive had a few words with him... i think he is coming to terms.. i jsut dont want him saying or doing anything that will ruin anything
    thanks
    xx
    im 16... ive had a few words with him... i think he is coming to terms.. i jsut dont want him saying or doing anything that will ruin anything
    thanks
    xx

It annoys me when guys are over-protective of their sisters when, in fact, they'd be quite happy to bonk somebody else's sister. May I suggest that you bolt the door from the inside and tell him to bugger off? :)
    I agree with tegan! If you parents think its cool then its alright :) You brother needs to step back abit.
    ha tell me about it!
    ha ive told him that he wont be meeting him if he annoys me that night! so im hoping that will work.. but if not i will be doing that plan!
    its annoying because he know i wont do anything stupid but i mean what was he doing at my age!
    xx
    I know how you feel, I'm 16 and dating a 24 year old and I have 3 older VERY protective brothers. Its frustrating but at the same time its nice to know I will always have my bros there for me if I need them or if anyone messes me around :) I think the reason my bros and so concerned about this bloke is that hes older than all of them, my oldest bro is almost 22 :P I havent told my dad yet as he would go ape shit, mum doesn't give a fuck as she knows she can't do anything about it haha.:thumb: