Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Self harm.. Too young?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello,

Well basicly I have been self harming since I was 6... for the first year or so it was just makeing myself bleed using pins and my nails- stuff like that.
Then it moved on to cutting with knives, burning myself, punching myself.

And it just gets worse and worse... I think because I started so young, it's become a part of me. I don't know what to do now, I can see no way of stopping... Is it possible to actually be unable to stop? Self harm has become part of my daily routine.

(sorry about spelling, I find it hard)

Crying-angel x

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You might be able to stop. However, you would have to do it for yourself (that is, don't stop for anyone'e benefit) and only when you're ready.
    It is possible to stop, but only when you're ready and only when you have other support networks and coping mechanisms in place.

You need to work out what triggers your self-harm and what underlying issues you have that make you want to hurt yourself. You might want to consider talking to your GP about it, to see if there's any counselling or therapy available.
    Hello crying-angel :wave:

It sounds like your going through a rough time at the momment and have been for some time.
    You said your self harm has got worse and as Kermit said you need to think about the triggers in your life and seek support.

Have you ever spoken to any one , friends/family etc ? or may be your GP is helpful.
    Have you thought about replacing your self harm with something else, think about the time of day you self harm and try to do some thing else.

Why dont you try having a look at the self harm pages

Take care keep posting :)