Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

18th Present!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I didn't know where the hell to post this, so i though this was the more 'appropriate' area.
My boyfriends 18th is in a month and im starting to look for presents only cause im really crap at finding them and coming up with them :P
I was thinking about getting him a silver Key chain with something engraved on it, but i really dont know it sounds quite bland:| obviously i will ingrave it something thats persoal to us, i dont want to give him anything that has the St. Christopher on it, as i bet some of his family will get him that, and its just a common thing, nothing really special. He doesnt wear jewllary,or watches. But i want to gve him something that will last and meaningful, so clothes and aftershave is out of the question....

Any ideas :confused:

Comments

• Options
    For my 16th my friend made me a scrap book with photos of us and our other mates. It really meant alot and something I will always keep.
    Maybe do that for him? Put in lot's of special photos and tickets of things you did together, then he has something he can always look back on. Or is that quite a girl thing :chin:

How about a special day out. In boots I've seen days you can buy like a day at a racing track etc. That would be something he would remember for a long time!
  • Options
    How much do you want to spend? I like the idea of a day out. Loads of activity places do vouchers. Or what about an ipod with an engraving. Apple do it for free!
  • Options
    He has an ipod but doesnt use it much and hes going paintballing the day after his birthday so it could seem repetitive, and nothing special.

Well im getting a 100 pound ema bonus soon and i was thinking making out to him that i cat get him much because i didnt qualify for this bonus (hes a very understanding boy and wouldnt get hung over it) buy him something 'okay' give it to him on the morning, then in the evening while all his friends and family are around, pull him to one side and give him a nice watch with engravng! the only problem is i've never seen him wear a watch, and because we've never had a conversation about watches i dont know if he likes it, so i reckon i will run it past his mum first if he does!
  • Options
    What sort of guy is he? Get him something related to his interests rather than clothes or jewellery. If he's mad keen on a certain show then get him that on DVD, if he likes a certain sports team get him a jersey, if he has hobbies start paying attention to them and discreetly ask questions to see if there's any equipment you could get him for that. The bottom line is to get him something that's really "him". Something that will either be really useful to him or will appeal to his sense of humour. A truely thoughtful gift that shows you listen when he talks and remember things will make him like you a lot more than generic "romantic" crap.
  • Options
    I know but a DVD or a football jersey isnt a really appropriate 18th birthday gift. Anyway, hes not the sort of person to sit and watch a movie, it would be a waste of money to get his favourite sports team top, as he has follows all sports quite widley so he doesnt really have a favourite sports team :/ aghhh im quite stuck, im going to take a walk into town tomorrow and look in some one off shops to see if i can get something unique :D
  • Options
    Have you tried firebox? You can get some unique stuff on their. If he likes gadgets or has a really good sense of humor you'll find something on there.
  • Options
    hes not really a gagdetty person reallly! Now thinking about it, hes very hard to buy for! I think im going to have a problem on my hands :chin: