Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dying curtains

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hope I've spelt dying rght. . . . anyway...

I really want to dye my curtians red, changing my bedroom colour. But the curtains I have are white with a light blue stripe in them.

What Im getting at is...... will the ccolour be the same all over the curtains or will they be patchy cos it already has another colour in it?:confused:

How safe is dying stuff in the washing machine? I know you have to rinse it out after, but Im still abit cautiuos:chin:

Comments

• Options
    Washing machine dye is totally fine - I've used it myself loads of times, and never had a problem.

You'll want to check what your curtains are made of before dying. Cottons and some polycottons will dye fine, but if they're any kind of synthetic (polyester, nylon, etc) it won't take.

The pre-existing pattern probably will affect it, too. You may well find that the blue bits come out darker or a purply colour because of the colour already on there.
  • Options
    Thankyou for replying :)

I think I'll just probs buy some, its just the ones I've got they was from Next and cost a lot of pennies:(

Ebay me thinks!

Thanks again.