Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

The Prom Dress Thread

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Apologies if this has been done before, but I noticed it's that time of year again so thought we could all swap and share photos of our lovely dresses!

I'm old and didn't have one this year, but I went to my year eleven one and to my 6th form one both years I was there, so I guess I'd better start us off!

Ok, the first 3 are from my year 11 prom, the 4th is from my year 12 prom and the 5th is me wearing the same dress on a different occasion so you could see it a bit better. I'll stick my year 13 ones in a separate post :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i love the green dress with all the embellishments. Masked balls seem so cool. Here is the one I wore for youth net ball. I loooved it. Even the cat is freaked out at me in a dress.

http://img23.imageshack.us/i/dress004.jpg/
    And now for year 13...
    i love the green dress with all the embellishments. Masked balls seem so cool. Here is the one I wore for youth net ball. I loooved it. Even the cat is freaked out at me in a dress.

http://img23.imageshack.us/i/dress004.jpg/

Thanks, my Mum made all my dresses, took her forever to do the beading!

You look really pretty in that picture :)
    ha thanks, you look very dita in those ones! can your mum adopt me?
    ha thanks, you look very dita in those ones! can your mum adopt me?

A couple of people have said that, so yay! Don't know about adopt, but she could make you a dress so long as you were willing to pay her :)

My mum made her own wedding dress and her bridesmaids dresses :eek:

Edit: She does all sorts of things. Made the skirt for my 18th, makes ice skating dresses (made mine when I competed!) anythign really. I can make clothes but not as well!
    A couple of people have said that, so yay! Don't know about adopt, but she could make you a dress so long as you were willing to pay her :)

My mum made her own wedding dress and her bridesmaids dresses :eek:

Edit: She does all sorts of things. Made the skirt for my 18th, makes ice skating dresses (made mine when I competed!) anythign really. I can make clothes but not as well!

smart lady! mine was a monsoon jobbie :D
    Monsoon do have some pretty nice stuff!
    Here is the one I wore for youth net ball.
    Ohhh yeah that was awesome, everyone looked beautiful! I'd almost forgotten...
    Have there been many youth net balls?

I want to go to one!
    Have there been many youth net balls?

I want to go to one!
    There's only been one and it was a special thing.

I was invited but my first exam was the next morning and I couldn't go :(.

Incidentally, for when Jim reads this, he did say that there would be another event that I would be definitely invited to but it's been two years now :p.
    piccolo wrote: »
    Ohhh yeah that was awesome, everyone looked beautiful! I'd almost forgotten...

I still have the photos :) great night
    We didn't have prom's at my school instead it was called a leavers ball - i can't find a picture of my dress but it was a beautiful yellow shift dress which i now cant' find and i'm upset about - i'm hoping that my sister has cunningly appropriated it rather than it having gone missing.

Anyway here is a picture of me in a dress i bought for a princess party http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1054458&l=c10020fbd3&id=542645131
    Wyetry wrote: »
    We didn't have prom's at my school instead it was called a leavers ball - i can't find a picture of my dress but it was a beautiful yellow shift dress which i now cant' find and i'm upset about - i'm hoping that my sister has cunningly appropriated it rather than it having gone missing.

Anyway here is a picture of me in a dress i bought for a princess party http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1054458&l=c10020fbd3&id=542645131

I love the colour of it!
    This is mines that i wore to my prom last year
    You're so pretty!

And Nef, you need to dig out your wedding dress photos just to show them all up :p.
    haha thanks :)
    Franki wrote: »
    You're so pretty!

And Nef, you need to dig out your wedding dress photos just to show them all up :p.

There you go http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=61793&l=f26f7361f2&id=542645131

Though it was kind of hard to find one of the dress as a whole
    How about these?

oksftk.jpg
    This is mines that i wore to my prom last year
    I lurve that one.
    Purple dress is from year 11.

Greeny/blue dress is from year 13.
    How about these?

:eek: want!

I'd post mine, but unfortunately my leaver's ball was before the invention of photography :(
    Can't you recreate them it with pencil? hehe
    wow love ur dresses !

this is my dress , i have prom on 7th july .

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10001_18773_1060840_-1

looks abit weird on model but lovely in person :)
    I'm far too old for leavers dances (prom = tacky US import) but I have this to go to wedding too in august, and one of only two I've owed in the last ten years

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&productId=1039785
    It's not for a prom but I'm hoping to get this for my bro's graduation http://www.peacocks.co.uk/Womenswear/Dresses/Evening_Dresses/BLACK_FLORAL_PROM_DRESS_-36269090.html
    I have a short prom dress :) I have never suited long ones, and its not a classic silky prom dress either its well funky and I think it suits my personality too! I'm wearing little black sparkley pumps with it. When I get a pic I shall upload it :)
    i've never had a prom :(
    I'm always amazed about the fuss over year 11 proms - especially as about 3/4 of the year group tends to stay on for sixth form anyway. Our 'year 11 leavers' do' in 1998 was a much less dressy affair. It took place in the school hall and although people dressed up, wore going out dresses and smart shirts/trousers, if anyone had pranced in in a ballgown they'd have got very funny looks! 10 years on, at my little brother's leavers do, it had all transformed - much posher frocks and people trying to out-do each other by arriving in ever flasher/weirder modes of transport. The year group committee had also organised an out-of school event too. Very OTT.

Year 13 was much more of a prom kind of vibe and was held at a local wedding-venue type place, but then again we were actually leaving that time!
    Ok, so I exaggerated about the invention of photography, but it was definitely before I (or anyone I knew) had a digital camera, so this is the best I could do under the circumstances.

Oh, and I know you can barely see my dress. But in the late 90s all ball dresses were pretty much the same: long and bias-cut with cowl necks. So that's what it was.