Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Geeetar!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
annyone got any good suggestions for good songs to learn on guitar. I've been playing for coming up 3 years and need some good inspirational decent songs to learn.

Any ideas for music along the lines of johnny be goode? Or just anything you think would be cool to be able to play? I'm not fussy as long as I look cool. :P

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    good song to learn is all along the watchtower-jimmy hendrix version
    or something like a bit of the fingertapping godness of thunderstruck-ACDC
    but then thats just my opinon
    Depends what type of guitar you have, but Bob Dylan - Mr Tamborine Man

ETA: ignore this, didnt realise you were running an electric.
    curly_boy wrote: »
    or something like a bit of the fingertapping godness of thunderstruck-ACDC

Hate to be annoying, but the opening to this is actually all picked not tapped :)
    It's a strat. Cool cool i'll look these songs up. I tried Just learned RHCP under the bridge and it's not as hard as I thought it would be. Any good songs with kick ass solos or that's got a lot of picking?
    Hate to be annoying, but the opening to this is actually all picked not tapped :)

AHH SCREW YOU! :P
    i always finger tap that intro, just sounds better to me, i admit, the orginal is awesome but then it was played by a guitar good

i also meant to say play some primal scream-jailbird, very simple (i think so) but an amazing riff/intro on guitar
    It's a strat. Cool cool i'll look these songs up. I tried Just learned RHCP under the bridge and it's not as hard as I thought it would be. Any good songs with kick ass solos or that's got a lot of picking?

Iron Maiden riffs are absolutely brilliant for finger exercises. Lots of scales / arpeggios without being as boring.

Curly, I also started tapping it before I could pick that fast but I've seen them live and on DVD and trust me, he picks it.
    hey there if you like to fingerpick then in my opinion she talks to angels by the black crowes is awesome!!! its quite an old one if you dont know it then have a listen first. it has a picky intro and harmonic hints throughout. I learned it by watching someone play it on youtube, its really impressive to hear and quite easy to learn once you get your head around the timing of the intro.

Anyways have fun learning whatever it is you go for

take care