Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Frustrated!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My partner and I have been together now for 5 years, our relationship is great but our different feelings towards our sex life are making my frustrated and angry with him. We do have mismatching sex drives (I want it everyday twice a day and he wants it a couple of times a week). Usually we have sex at the weekends (initiated by me,sometimes by him). This weekend he has not enjoyed sex and we spoke about why. He said because he knows he can have it whenever he wants he does not desire it and wants me to turn him down for sex.

I have considered just giving him time to desire me,but that makes me frustrated and angry I have to play games. I don't want to play games, just want to have sex when the opportunity arises as often as possible.Also feeling low on the self esteem coz I am not desired. He says it is normal for couples to get bored of sex,but that makes me feel like I am not sexy enough and like I wamy to turn him down for sex when he really wants it. So want I wat is advise on how to make him want it so I can turn him down when he does want it.And do win. But I am already loosing. I just want him to make me feel desired.

Comments

• Options
    yea, I'm frustrated too with you! You dug up three old threads that probably don't have any relevance anymore. Please check the post date next time and if the thread is old feel free to start a new one.

I dunno about your problem. Maybe he has other reasons, like stress, or something and that's why he has a decreased libido. Either way, it is kinda true. It's normal that fresh couples have more sex than couples who are together for some time. Maybe come up with something new in the bedroom. Spice things up with a bit of bondage or whatever floats you boat.

I think you need to meet in the middle. twice a day is a lot, maybe you can excite him again for maybe once a week, or once every two days.
  • Options
    yep, agree with that one, you telling us how you are frustrated cos you are not getting what you want but not willing to compromise to meet His needs to. You both need to find a compromise, if He doesnt want it every day, get a decent dildo!!.